Why are you a vegetarian?

I'm a carnivore, I eat meat. Humans are carnivores, but what I'm wondering why some people chose to become a vegetarian.

I accept that my food was once alive and was killed in a slaughterhouse, ending its life. If I was in a survival situation, I'd have no problem killing another living thing and eating its meat for sustenance. It happens in nature all the time with predator and prey; such as when a lion or tiger hunts down another animal.

So my question, to vegetarians, is what's the reason you became a vegetarian? Were there any outside influences involved in your decision and why don't you eat meat specifically?

When push comes to shove, I'll be making soup out of this little cutey.

iblm28mhYhBd7v.jpg

Okay, not really, but I'm having tons of fun creating this topic

Correction, Humans are omnivores they have evolved to require both plants and animals.

I personally cannot have a meal that does not contain meat. However my brother and sister in law prefer vegetarianism claiming it is better for them rather than because they due to some fear of killing animals. and it does not bother them at all when people eat meat around them. whereas i know other people that get upset when you even think about eating meat.

Simple, vegans and vegetarians believe (wrongly of course) that they are somehow superior to the rest of us by depriving themselves of meat, the reasons why don't really matter, it's all about acting like they are better because they have "evolved" into eating a fad diet

• Like 2

was just informed by my partner (she's a gastroenterologist: specializes in disorders and diseases affecting the organs of the digestive system):

Your body is designed for a vegetarian diet. The human intestines are 16-29 feet long and winds round and round. This is typical of a herbivore (grass eaters). Carnivores always have short, straight intestines. This means they pass out the write from the meat before it rots. In humans it remains in the digestive system too long.

Some people claims that they can eat meat because it involves killing a living beings. However, a lettuce, tomato, carrot also were living beings.

What is bad, is the "per-processed" genetically altered and chemical processed food

what's the reason you became a vegetarian?

Because I wanted to be creepy, pretentious, self-important and unhealthy like all the other vegetarians. But the most important thing is ... I'm saving animals so that they can eat each other instead.

• Like 2

I am a vegetarian for two reasons. The first being that I have high cholesterol. The second is that I love animals, and unless it is a live or die situation, I do not see the point in killing an animal that could be living its life instead. What if we were the smartest, most capable, top of the food chain animals on the planet. I sure wouldn't be cool with the more capable animal eating me.

was just informed by my partner (she's a gastroenterologist: specializes in disorders and diseases affecting the organs of the digestive system):

Your body is designed for a vegetarian diet. The human intestines are 16-29 feet long and winds round and round. This is typical of a herbivore (grass eaters). Carnivores always have short, straight intestines. This means they pass out the write from the meat before it rots. In humans it remains in the digestive system too long.

Not every animal species is the same. Just because Carnivores generally have shorter intestines. Actually thinking about it we are omnivores, so of course we have the equipment to digest plants. If we weren't designed to eat meat too, why don't we get sick when we eat it? We also have teeth specifically designed for it.

• Like 2

I am a vegetarian for two reasons. The first being that I have high cholesterol. The second is that I love animals, and unless it is a live or die situation, I do not see the point in killing an animal that could be living its life instead. What if we were the smartest, most capable, top of the food chain animals on the planet. I sure wouldn't be cool with the more capable animal eating me.

Trust me, many animals would and will eat you. It's called Nature. There is no real right or wrong, there is only eat or be eaten :p and then the morals we make up to feel good since we have a conscious.

Trust me, many animals would and will eat you. It's called Nature. There is no real right or wrong, there is only eat or be eaten :p and then the morals we make up to feel good since we have a conscious.

That's what I was saying, I know many animals WOULD eat me, but they can't. They don't have access because we are smarter animals. I'm just saying that I cut them slack because I would want the same done for me if a smarter being came along that was able to make that choice.

With the brainpower that most animals we eat have, it's worse that when people pick on mentally handicapped kids. Cows aren't smart enough to know what's going on or defend themselves. Just because they are that mentally behind us doesn't, at least in my mind, give me the right to kill and eat it.

That's what I was saying, I know many animals WOULD eat me, but they can't. They don't have access because we are smarter animals. I'm just saying that I cut them slack because I would want the same done for me if a smarter being came along that was able to make that choice.

With the brainpower that most animals we eat have, it's worse that when people pick on mentally handicapped kids. Cows aren't smart enough to know what's going on or defend themselves. Just because they are that mentally behind us doesn't, at least in my mind, give me the right to kill and eat it.

That's nature man. Some animals are just food for others. The reason most animals can't eat you, is because we have protected ourselves and kept them away. Go on a safari, and you have to worry about everything, because they can eat you there. Many places though do have to worry about dangerous animals still. Just certain first world nations have made it safe. That's not to say though that they can't, you just don't encounter them or put yourself in their path often.

There is no rule that says, that shall not eat another animal, in any thing. Only people who think they are too good to even do what basic nature calls for everything to do choose this stance. But in nature, everything exploits everything. Until we learn to just beam food into existence, it will always be like this.

Yeah, I don't expect everyone to be vegetarian, to each his/her own. I definitely feel better, morally and physically, by refraining. Poor Poor plants though, I slaughter those things, haha

yea im a meat eater, but i do enjoy vegetarian dishes once or twice a week. One of best mates just started eating only vegan meals and tells me he feels great. I think there is something about eating only vegan meals but each to own i say,

I don't really like the idea of eating meat, cuz it kinda seems like eating people too. Meat is meat.

I guess it's the thought of eating flesh. However, animals eat animals, even their own kind.

I eat meat becuz it's in our nature and animals nature to eat meat. I just try not to think about it.

I do feel sorry for the animals that were killed, no matter what type of animal it was. No one deserves to be killed.

Not every animal species is the same. Just because Carnivores generally have shorter intestines. Actually thinking about it we are omnivores, so of course we have the equipment to digest plants. If we weren't designed to eat meat too, why don't we get sick when we eat it? We also have teeth specifically designed for it.

In addition, we don?t have the stomach acidity that carnivores have for killing food borne illnesses which, because of the length of our intestinal tracts, have more time to make us sick.

We?ve only been eating meat for 10,000 years since we began herding animals and our bodies have yet to adapt to the diet. We?re not natural carnivores, we?re ?behavioral omnivores.?

In addition, we don?t have the stomach acidity that carnivores have for killing food borne illnesses which, because of the length of our intestinal tracts, have more time to make us sick.

We?ve only been eating meat for 10,000 years since we began herding animals and our bodies have yet to adapt to the diet. We?re not natural carnivores, we?re ?behavioral omnivores.?

Actually, we had been eating meat much much longer than that. Hunters would hunt. It's why the first "humans" were nomads. Because they had to keep moving with the animals. You have it backwards a little.

What started 10000 years ago was farming and cavities :p We started eating foods higher in starch and thus created a breeding ground for germs in our mouth. Before that though, we ate raw food ( meats and berries ), and had less mouth problems related to tooth decay.

http://altwire.utne....34d624236413d3d

Simple, vegans and vegetarians believe (wrongly of course) that they are somehow superior to the rest of us by depriving themselves of meat, the reasons why don't really matter, it's all about acting like they are better because they have "evolved" into eating a fad diet

I've known some to think that way. The same way some meat eaters think that they are superior and feel the need to think less upon (and assume nonsense about) all vegetarians/vegans.

Both of those groups are sorry, low-life losers.

We are meant to eat any food that includes meat. If we weren't meant to eat meat then explain why we don't get sick from eating meat. I eat chicken and don't feel anything out of ordinary. That means my body processes the chicken meat like it is designed to and I feel more energic because I ate.

If you go out there from your little city flats and actually look in the wild, you can observe that animals slaughter others everyday to stay alive. The real reason why some animals have poison is so they can end the life of a animal peacefully they want to eat. Animals are more forgiving than us. Because many of them kill animals in a way that the prey doesn't suffer:

- Loins grab the necks of their prey (like a chokehold) so the prey goes to sleep and then the lions can now eat it.

- Spiders and snakes bite to inject poison that relax organs like lethal injection and causes the prey to fall asleep. the winner than consumes it.

- Sharks bite and let the prey tire themselves and then can then consume.

- Some animals stun their prey so the prey doesn't feel anything while being consumed.

We are meant to eat any food that includes meat. If we weren't meant to eat meat then explain why we don't get sick from eating meat. I eat chicken and don't feel anything out of ordinary. That means my body processes the chicken meat like it is designed to and I feel more energic because I ate.

If you go out there from your little city flats and actually look in the wild, you can observe that animals slaughter others everyday to stay alive. The real reason why some animals have poison is so they can end the life of a animal peacefully they want to eat. Animals are more forgiving than us. Because many of them kill animals in a way that the prey doesn't suffer:

- Loins grab the necks of their prey (like a chokehold) so the prey goes to sleep and then the lions can now eat it.

- Spiders and snakes bite to inject poison that relax organs like lethal injection and causes the prey to fall asleep. the winner than consumes it.

- Sharks bite and let the prey tire themselves and then can then consume.

- Some animals stun their prey so the prey doesn't feel anything while being consumed.

Wow, I lol'd so hard on this one. Animals are more forgiving, too funny.

Even what you stated doesn't even sound nice. That is the specific animal/creatures way of killing their prey.

Nothing friendly about it, and I'm sure the prey suffered plenty.