Extended Battery For Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I recently ordered an extended battery for my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The battery is so awesome I thought I share it with you people who own a Note 2.

Thing thing got to me at 9:00am this morning and it had 58% charge. I wanted to drain the battery completely so I can star to "train" it to get the most out of it so I opened Netflix, turned "on" the GPS and the WIFI and began to play movies. I swear to my mother that after playing 5 movies, GPS and WIFI "on" and surfing the web, at 6:30pm this thing still had 28% battery left. It is now 12:19 midnight and with the battery on 8%, I was able to play 1 more Netflix movie and it finally died now. This thing is a monster.

Here's the battery and where I got it:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00A6U0N56

Here's a case for it as well:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00ANUM6FY

Would you be interested to test our battery?

http://www.mugen-pow...ttery-door.html

If yes, please contact us at affiliate@mugen.hk

I have seen your battery, but you charge $105.00 for it. The Hyperion 6400 mHa battery I got was $14.99 and does the same, exact thing yours does. It has nothing less than stellar reviews at Amazon, so why spend the extra $$$ on something that does the same thing as the one I got?

Hyperion has been making batteries for RC Cars and other remote control toys for years, so they got a good reputation.

If your battery is better than the Hyperion and does more things, then please, enlighten us and tell us what the difference is.

I recently ordered an extended battery for my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The battery is so awesome I thought I share it with you people who own a Note 2.

Thing thing got to me at 9:00am this morning and it had 58% charge. I wanted to drain the battery completely so I can star to "train" it to get the most out of it

Pretty sure you don't need to train a li-ion battery, in fact running it all the way down could keep it from charging to full capacity.

FWIW, my understanding of battery technology today is that, much like defragmenting a solid-state drive, 'training' is an obsolete practice and could potentially cause harm. It's being dangerously encouraged by the Android hacking crowd that's been using custom recovery modes which offer a "reset battery stats" function, where users are instructed to run the battery to zero then full to 're-teach' it its limits.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

People already look stupid using a big phone It doesn't make much different if it is a lot fatter.

The battery doesn't really make the phone that much fatter.

People already look stupid using a big phone It doesn't make much different if it is a lot fatter.

They only look stupid to people who care more about fashion looks, those people tend to be a bit childish to begin with.

They only look stupid to people who care more about fashion looks, those people tend to be a bit childish to begin with.

I agree. What's the point in having a super thin cool looking phone if the battery will only last you 8 hours? Sure, the iPhone is cool and thin and so are other Android phones out there but turn on that GPS, the WIFI, make calls, text and I can assure you , by 2pm (if not earlier), your phone will go on panic mode and ask you for more juice.

This is no lie, I have had my Note 2 turned on with GPS, WIFI, calls, texts, since wednesday. It is Saturday now and I still have 71% battery left.

Does the Hyperion battery make my phone a little thicker on the back? Yes, but who cares. I don't have to worry about charging that sucker for days.

FWIW, my understanding of battery technology today is that, much like defragmenting a solid-state drive, 'training' is an obsolete practice and could potentially cause harm. It's being dangerously encouraged by the Android hacking crowd that's been using custom recovery modes which offer a "reset battery stats" function, where users are instructed to run the battery to zero then full to 're-teach' it its limits.

The Hyperion battery comes with a manual and on the back of the manual it says:

"For full battery performance, please discharge fully and re-charge at least 5 times."

I was thinking 'does anyone make extended batteries for my s3'?

After looking for one, and the price at the time, I simply decided to turn off the features I didn't need on all the time and just turn them on for a few minutes a few times a day to let it update.

Note, I don't have a problem with extended batteries and would probably get one if needed.

It's more individual preference these days, I just recycled my old laptop, that I bought 2nd hand, that had a lithium battery, and I can assure you, at least in my case, the battery at the time I got rid of it, didn't last much more than 20 or so minutes.

I tried the method people recommended, full discharge, etc.. nothing.

But the mobo failed, so I sold it to envirophone. But back to battery management, my N8 still had almost 6 days standby when I traded it in for my S3. A good rule of thumb from personal experience....

Let it go dead, charge it using your pc if possible, after 3 of these cycles, and the battery has gone dead agaij, charge the 4th time from the mains power. Or keep a spare battery if this is too impractical.

(I had to do this especially for my old n8 as it was a sealed unit.)

I was thinking 'does anyone make extended batteries for my s3'?

After looking for one, and the price at the time, I simply decided to turn off the features I didn't need on all the time and just turn them on for a few minutes a few times a day to let it update.

Note, I don't have a problem with extended batteries and would probably get one if needed.

Hyperion makes an extended battery for the Galaxy S3 as well. Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Extended-Compatible-GT-i9300-T-mobile/dp/B008BVIV06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358606595&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperion+galaxy+s3

Other brands that make extended batteries for the S3:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=galaxy+S3+extended+battery&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Agalaxy+S3+extended+battery

NOTE: My boss has an S3 and he bought the Hyperion extended battery and he loves it. He says the phone has been up and running for 3 days straight now, GPS, WIFI turned "on" plus his casual calling and texting and he still has 58% battery left. Those things just won't die. They are very good batteries.

• Like 1

NOTE: My boss has an S3 and he bought the Hyperion extended battery and he loves it. He says the phone has been up and running for 3 days straight now, GPS, WIFI turned "on" plus his casual calling and texting and he still has 58% battery left. Those things just won't die. They are very good batteries.

Cool, the prices are more reasonable now, I'll look into getting one, thank you :)

And for the recommendation :)

Edit... doh!

Lol they were in US Dollars, I'll see if they're available as exports or if there is a UK stockist.

This is no lie, I have had my Note 2 turned on with GPS, WIFI, calls, texts, since wednesday. It is Saturday now and I still have 71% battery left.

HOW!!??

What's the secret??

HOW!!??

What's the secret??

The secret?: Hyperion 6200 mHa battery.

Also remember, even though the GPS is turned "on", the phone will only start using it if an application such as Navigation requests it so even though it's turned "on", it's actually "sleeping" until requested by the app that wants to use it.

The Hyperion battery comes with a manual and on the back of the manual it says:

"For full battery performance, please discharge fully and re-charge at least 5 times."

I don't know if I'd trust the manual-writing expertise of a company with evidence against it of fraud:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-lte/525512-beware-hyperion-other-3rd-party-batteries.html

I don't know if I'd trust the manual-writing expertise of a company with evidence against it of fraud:

http://androidforums...-batteries.html

Well, if that's the case then its time for a law suit for false advertisement.

http://androidforums...-batteries.html

Also, if the 6200mHa battery is a fake then its a damn good one because I am telling you dude, this thing will not die. I have been using the hell out of it and it's still almost full. Not even half way yet.