'Jack Reacher' Sequel Unlikely to Move Forward

capture.png

Sources tell THR that McQuarrie?s adaptation of the novel One Shot must do ?exceptional business in key Asian territories? in order to justify moving forward with another Jack Reacher film. Against a reported budget of $60 million (not counting marketing), the pic?s worldwide total now stands at $153 million. Apparently Paramount says the film must make $250 million worldwide in order to warrant a follow-up, which means the actioner has a ways to go when it opens in the Asian territories.

Cruise has always been a draw in Asian markets and the film stands to make some serious coin when it hits theaters in Japan, China, and Korea, but whether it can manage $100 million or so remains to be seen. If the film does hit the magic number, THR cautions that the studio would still need to negotiate a deal with Cruise that would keep the sequel?s budget at about the same number as the first film.

http://collider.com/jack-reacher-2-sequel-unlikely/224502/

I'm kinda surprised that the movie hasn't done that well in the US. I guess they picked a bad date or something.

I hope this does get a sequel, I really enjoyed seeing it at the cinema. The car chase scene is particularly good.

+1 I saw this movie by accident, but boy was the movie worth it!!!

I also wonder if Cruise being out of his normal character didn't hurt the film. Plus, I know several fans of the Reacher series who refused to see this film because they said Cruise wasn't Reacher.

I also wonder if Cruise being out of his normal character didn't hurt the film. Plus, I know several fans of the Reacher series who refused to see this film because they said Cruise wasn't Reacher.

Those fans need to get over it. Any movie adaptation of a book series will never meet the die hard fans expectations.

Those fans need to get over it. Any movie adaptation of a book series will never meet the die hard fans expectations.

They may need to but I doubt they will.