TweetDeck: Bosses Sent Closure Letter

The American directors of Twitter have been sent a letter by Companies House (the United Kingdom Registrar of Companies) warning them that their UK subsidiary, TweetDeck is at risk of closure.

The letter, dated January 22, states: "The Registrar of Companies gives notice that, unless cause is shown to the contrary, at the expiration of 3 months from the above date the name of TweetDeck Ltd will be struck off the register and the company will be dissolved."

Source: http://news.sky.com/story/1041208/tweetdeck-twitter-bosses-sent-closure-letter

Could this spell the end of this popular Twitter app? ...or more likely, will Twitter just move its TweetDeck operations outside of the UK?

Tweetdeck became awful when Twitter bought them imo but to see them close would be quite sad

What's wrong with Tweet deck? I ask I have recently been getting more in to Twitter and find it so much better than using the Twitter website, especially for multiple accounts.

Maybe there is something out there with better features?

What's wrong with Tweet deck? I ask I have recently been getting more in to Twitter and find it so much better than using the Twitter website, especially for multiple accounts.

There isn't, and that's the problem. Ever since they have been bought by Twitter, their Android app hasn't been updated since September 2011 and some of the features in it are broken. I would to see them integrate Path or Pinterest or maybe even Fancy, but for now it's dead :/ .

Scirwode

The old desktop client was/is much better. I still use it.

Seriously ****ed that they stopped supporting it.

http://www.oldapps.com/tweetdeck.php?old_tweetdeck=7149

I have used tweetdeck for a very long time now, and i have to say i have tried many other alternatives and even posted here asking if anyone knew of a good alternative and never found anything that had the feature set i was looking for other than tweetdeck. However, the biggest problem as already stated in this thread is that once twitter bought it the app simply died. They removed some functionality right out of the gate and then never really updated it again. there are a lot of features that are simply broken for both the pc and mobile versions of the software and it does not look as though they care enough to repair them

TL;DR Love the App, App is broken, Twitter does not care.

The way they changed it ruined it, the old version as someone else has said was much better but of course they sold to Twitter and I can't blame them for that. As for alternatives there really isn't any with maybe Metrotwit being the nearest to being usable.

One of my biggest frustrations is that the desktop TweetDeck app doesn't allow you to add a "Trends" column - yes, you can add a column for any particular trending topic, but you can't add a "Trends" column itself! :(

One of my biggest frustrations is that the desktop TweetDeck app doesn't allow you to add a "Trends" column - yes, you can add a column for any particular trending topic, but you can't add a "Trends" column itself! :(

46600453.gif

46600453.gif

Yeah, but is that an old version of TweetDeck (i.e. before it was taken over by Twitter) - the latest versions of the TweetDeck desktop client v2.1.0 don't have this functionality any more! :(

Yeah, but is that an old version of TweetDeck (i.e. before it was taken over by Twitter) - the latest versions of the TweetDeck desktop client v2.1.0 don't have this functionality any more! :(

Yeah the new version doesn't have it

Screw the new version. It sucks. Old version still works fine.