Audi's automatic driving for parking

Sorry if already posted but this is ridiculous!

Watch the video - this is not the parallel parking feature,

''Audi's automatic parking systems operate by means of either ultrasound or cameras, which display images via the onboard monitor. One particularly convenient solution is park assist. When backing into a parking space, it performs all the necessary steering movements; it can handle both parallel parking and parking perpendicular to the street. The system finds a parking space with ultrasound sensors that scan the roadside in two dimensions while driving at moderate speed. The system notifies the driver via a message in the display once the sensors have found a space which is large enough...."

Via: LikeCool Source:

• Like 2

its cool but kind of stupid. its faster to find a place yourself and park. you never know when something may go wrong and it ends up crashing at full speed.

*shrug*

I think it's kinda cool.

I'd probably have a hard time trusting it, but I bet it's up to the task and sometimes finding a parking slot can be time consuming which is ridiculous when you're in a hurry.

Meh... I use public transit, so no parking worries for me! :p

its cool but kind of stupid. its faster to find a place yourself and park. you never know when something may go wrong and it ends up crashing at full speed.

Well, guess what, I bet the parking mode has a hardcoded max speed implemented.

But yeah, apart from that, I'd always have a weird feeling until I get my car back... Maybe add a camera mode to the app? :p

Glassed Silver:mac

i just imagine something going wrong the the cars just goes nuts and drives at full speed down a crowded street.

i just imagine something going wrong the the cars just goes nuts and drives at full speed down a crowded street.

Muhahahaha....

other cars have had this for ages, my mate bought a car two years ago that parked itself.

nothing new here.

it actually worked very well, parked perfectly every time aswell!

edit: also this ad is playing it up, obviously it only does it with you in the car lol. Then if something did go wrong (highly unlikely) you just press the brake/take control.

My friends car had cameras too so it was a little easier to trust since you could see how close you were.

Truly amazing sittting in the car watching it parralel park itself into a space not much bigger than the car

other cars have had this for ages, my mate bought a car two years ago that parked itself.

nothing new here.

edit: also this ad is playing it up, obviously it only does it with you in the car lol. Then if something did go wrong (highly unlikely) you just press the brake/take control.

My friends car had cameras too so it was a little easier to trust since you could see how close you were.

Truly amazing sittting in the car watching it parralel park itself into a space not much bigger than the car

did you watch the video? I know Lexus has had the parallel parking feature but I have never seen a car with this type of feature.. drop off and pick up ?

Almost every car company have that feature. Then in the near future, they plan to add auto drive to their vehicles... you never know.

You clearly didn't watch the video.

Glassed Silver:ios

You clearly didn't watch the video.

Glassed Silver:ios

I did watch it... I know about the cars... you clearly can NOT see me what I was doing. That video was showing me that a lady parked her car then she used her device to let the car park itself in the garage and then end of the working day, the car came out of the garage so she goes out.

Ford has it, Audi has it... you know? Almost every cars have it. That feature and auto drive do not excite me, whoope deee doo.

I visit cars/trucks websites and I used to have the magazines for awhile before I quit them so I read them on their websites.

I have seen a video that Google has their own self driving car which let the blind man sit in the driver seat.

I have seen these videos before these users post them on the forum.

Have you been to my place? No? Then from now on, please do not say that to me or anyone.

I did watch it... I know about the cars... you clearly can NOT see me what I was doing. That video was showing me that a lady parked her car then she used her device to let the car park itself in the garage and then end of the working day, the car came out of the garage so she goes out.

Ford has it, Audi has it... you know? Almost every cars have it. That feature and auto drive do not excite me, whoope deee doo.

I visit cars/trucks websites and I used to have the magazines for awhile before I quit them so I read them on their websites.

I have seen a video that Google has their own self driving car which let the blind man sit in the driver seat.

Have you been to my place? No? Then from now on, please do not say that to me or anyone.

Oh come on dude.

"almost every car company"

Maybe among the biggest brands. Do you know how many car brands there are?

And don't get so upset about a single line of doubt about you watching the video. What's the matter? I didn't insult you, did I?

Oh come on dude.

And don't get so upset about a single line of doubt about you watching the video. What's the matter? I didn't insult you, did I?

Yeah I dunno what this guy is even talking about, there's a huge difference between automatic parallel park and what this car is doing.. It's not even the same thing. Nowhere near it.

• Like 2

Oh come on dude.

Yeah "Almost"... I mean not all of brands have it. A friend of mine has brand new car but it doesn't have that feature. It will take awhile before ALL brands have that feature including auto drive, maybe some companies do not want that feature in their vehicles since some people including myself do not want that crap... If I want to buy a car, I want that off because I don't want that crap. I prefer to drive it myself.

As you see, at the store, you look around the fridges, NOT all of them have water/ice dispenser on the door. For example, you get the fridge with water/ice dispenser for your kitchen while I get mine without it... nothing on the door.. so I can open the door to get something I want.

Yeah I dunno what this guy is even talking about, there's a huge difference between automatic parallel park and what this car is doing.. It's not even the same thing. Nowhere near it.

It is basically same thing... they have sensor/camera with controlling system in their cars. Audi has more controls in the system while Ford and others have small control system for parking only but not very long before they will update their system which they will have the auto drive from one place to other in near future...

For example, If I get Ford car and I want a car to drive like Audi does, I can make some changes in the system, so Ford car can drive by itself ..

Anyway, move on...

nothing new here.

err did you even watch the video, no car currently does this...

For example, If I get Ford car and I want a car to drive like Audi does, I can make some changes in the system, so Ford car can drive by itself ..

i'd like to see how that project goes for you :)

Well... You know how we blame people for "making their own parking spaces." At least now we can just blame the car. :p

That would be my worst fear; where it decides it has found a "legitimate" parking space, or just a random space that seemed equivalent. Also, trying to find out where I...err, well, my car parked my car. :p

Well... You know how we blame people for "making their own parking spaces." At least now we can just blame the car. :p

That would be my worst fear; where it decides it has found a "legitimate" parking space, or just a random space that seemed equivalent. Also, trying to find out where I...err, well, my car parked my car. :p

yeah, that was my first thought too actually... why didn't the car just stop randomly in the road and think "oh this is a roomy space" :D

What car is available to mass consumers that can park itself and then can magically drive itself to pick you up at the door? NOTHING. Yes, there are self-driving cars (like Google's), but they are not available to the consumers. You're talking two very different things.

I don't know how I feel about this. More electronics = more things to fail. I can also see some security issues...

...and after this raging comment he screamed: "Mom, where's the meatloaf? Mooooom...the meatloaf!"

err did you even watch the video, no car currently does this...

i didnt watch the whole thing no but like I said my friends car parks itself. its nothing more or less spectacular than this ad shows. This is is also clearly hyperbole, cars aren't allowed to drive themselves with nobody inside them. There is no way thats how it works.

google car could drive themselves, but they weren't allowed to without a human inside to take control, just incase.

I know thats what the ad shows, but i just do not believe cars will be allowed to drive around themselves and park.

So all in all, this car parks itself, which my friends car did 5 years ago. (VW touran)

video doesn't show it that well but it does what it says, you drive near to a spot, camera highlights the spot, you okay it and car parks

cool video but i'd like to see the same thing when you've got other cars/drivers around you to see how the car accounts for dynamic variables.

to be honest, i just want to see the reaction of others who'd see a driverless car park in front of them..and go "WTF?"