Style XP 5.0.0

What a pile of beep!!!!

I DISCTINCTLY remember that TGTsoft said that StylesXP would always be free. They think that they can turn into Stardock (no diss to them I love them) and charge us when they made us that promise... :(

Originally posted by thetombraider

Even though I don't like the fact that TGT is charging us for StylesXP... cheating them isn't the answer. It's not going to help any... and its not right.

Hehe, i agree :)

also, in ur sig it says Tienes leche? well I'm not quite sure if you know, but that doesnt mean Got Milk? like you would think it does, it actually means "are you lactating?" I swear, im not joking at all, its some wierd spanish syntax thingy :)

no, i swear to god, thats what you'd think it meant, this is because the words mean tienes=have leche=milk, but it doesnt actually mean that in the language, if you dont believe me, ask someone who speaks spanish, i do, but you dont seen to believe me... Its one of those wierd things in spanish, english has them also, "wanna screw" doesnt actually mean do you want to screw something into place, it means, well, i think you know what it means, but tienes leche DOES in fact mean "are you lactating"

NO ****FACE...... I SPEAK SPANISH AND AM VERY FLUENT IN THE LANGUAGE AND IT TRANSLATES TO HE/SHE/YOU HAVE MILK AND SINCE THE QUESTION MARKS ARE THERE IT MEANS THAT THE ACTUAL TRANSLATION IS "DO YOU HAVE MILK?"

AND THATS FINAL

Although the online translations are useful, as FnArFy said, they dont take into account the nuances of the language. They simply translate word for word from a dictionary. So freetranslation.com may say it means "You have milk" it is common knowledge that the advertising people DID make a mistake. Here is an excerpt explaining the hiccup:

Milk ads promote lactating

The popular "got milk?" campaign has been so effective that almost

everyone recognizes the clever advertisements. Yet when executives

decided to cross cultural lines, the successful commercials found only

negative response from the Spanish-speaking community.

Baffled, the big wigs struggled to understand why such an amusing

campaign generated resentment. To their embarrassment, they soon

realized they had committed perhaps the most humorous faux pas in the

world of advertising.

It seems the "got milk?" slogan had been translated into "?Tienes

leche?" or, more precisely, "Are you lactating?"

This is the case wherever you look. You should come up with more facts if you want to argue then that.

Here's a few links:

http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_33/b3694042.htm

http://www.contracostatimes.com/biztech/la...rs_20010829.htm

http://www.magazine.org/diversity/articles..._Executive.html

I think you get the picture...

Originally posted by thetombraider

What a pile of beep!!!!

I DISCTINCTLY remember that TGTsoft said that StylesXP would always be free. They think that they can turn into Stardock (no diss to them I love them) and charge us when they made us that promise... :(

At least they now have a business model, which may help improve their product

LMAO, FnArFy im spanish and tienes leche means do you have milk, not are you lactating..LMFAO dun try to use those puny language transalators cuz they dun do it right, u gotta get a real spanish speakin person for a correct transalation cuz those things mess all the words up

Originally posted by uniacid

dun try to use those puny language transalators cuz they dun do it right

LMAO, the translator brings it up as "You have milk?".

oh the irony...

Originally posted by DJP

Very nice this milk stuff,

but what has changed.

Can i use moving gif pictures in my style or something??

I'm still using the stylexp beta 3.

And i'd stay that way, the only difference from what I can tell is the little theme/background switcher. If you want that then go ahead, but if you're happy with the normal display properties then save your money...

Ok lets put this to rest. I'm from Mexico City and bouth sides are right. Got milk as a direct translation means tienes leche, but in spanish we have something calles albur, with means it has a second meaning. Let me give you guys an example wich I think you all understand. "Pasame tus pelotas" In direct translation meand pass me those balls, like playing golf or tennis. Well it also people whould understand it as pass me your balls.

I hope that cleared it out.