what is the most unrealistic movie you have ever watched

Hi,

I just re-watched Total Recall again - wondering what the most unrealistic movie you have ever watched?

P.s. I do not hate Total Recall.

That's pretty broad. Care to discuss at least a little bit what you found to be unrealistic in Total Recall, rather than just name the movie and leaving it at that? Otherwise I have a feeling that this whole thread is going to be nothing but movie titles...which is not terribly constructive in and of itself.

Not only that, but there's two Total Recall movies. Pretty difficult to discuss plot points from some movie if we don't even know which one you're talking about.

The most unrealistic / sh*ttiest movie I've ever watched in my life award goes to the latest Lake Placid film - What a colossal POS.

New Total Recall is crap, but has some credit as it's got Beckinsale in it.

• Like 2

Dredd (2012)

Ridiculous plot, illogical characters, implausible set-pieces, etc. I'm all for dumb action movies but... wow, it was bad. At least the original Judge Dredd film wasn't trying to be taken seriously.

i watched Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 movie) the other day and i was like "woman that talk and have feelings and can think? c'mon!!" :laugh:

seriously, for me a movie that's unrealistic is a movie that breaks suspension of believe (either because it's story is too clumsy, bad acting, bad directing, etc.) and it's not a comedy (some are supposed to be dramas but are so dumb that it becomes a comedy); there are a few like that (Ed Woods was quite famous for his B grade, poor quality movies), like any Uwe Boll movie, "nerd boy that gets the hottest girl in school" type of movie, Air Bud (wtf was that??) type of movies and so on... :shifty:

Dredd (2012)

Ridiculous plot, illogical characters, implausible set-pieces, etc. I'm all for dumb action movies but... wow, it was bad. At least the original Judge Dredd film wasn't trying to be taken seriously.

and it's funny when they are trying and fail miserably (also become too funny to watch).

Chasing Amy..

As Kevin Smith put it, when asked if he would ever make a Sci-Fi movie..

Kevin: A science fiction movie? I don't know. I think I have made one already... Chasing Amy.

Kevin: Because you go ask any lesbian, that'll never happen.

Kevin: Even if, and probably especially because, the dude is Ben ****ing Affleck.

Pretty much all Steven Seagal movies in which he is too overweight to fight. You always see the back of a double "keeping the streets clean". His early movies were good though. Sad - I wish he would lose weight - I liked his attitude.

HUNGER GAMES-

Kids running and killing kids... ( reminds me of the Plot of The Running Man mixed with a TV show LOGAN'S RUN from the 1970's.) except it was too long and the acting was real bad.

HUNGER GAMES-

Kids running and killing kids... ( reminds me of the Plot of The Running Man mixed with a TV show LOGAN'S RUN from the 1970's.) except it was too long and the acting was real bad.

Reminded me of a modern day battle royal.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. The movie itself was very entertaining because of the well-choreographed fighting. But... some of the fight scenes defied the laws of physics. And one in particular made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

Watch this clip and you'll understand:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. The movie itself was very entertaining because of the well-choreographed fighting. But... some of the fight scenes defied the laws of physics. And one in particular made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

Watch this clip and you'll understand:

Are you suggesting that any of this clip is anything less than 100% real life? I fly through trees all the time.

Harry Potter, a ginger kid with two friends? Come on.... (Sorry I had too)

I really disliked Taken. It tries to be both a serous movie about the horrors of trafficking and an action filled rush but fails to deliver on both. The bad action I can live with but the unrealistic way it portrays trafficking in really bothered me. Its nothing more than a piece of racist bull**** fear mongering.

Independence Day.

Defeat an alien fleet by infecting them with a virus written on a PowerBook running Mac OS Classic and looking very much like it's written in some form of BASIC? Really?

• Like 3