Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th

So they confirmed no ps3 game support (natively) right? Doesn't effect me as I only have a handful, but I'd love to be able to bring over my games I bought from the psn store..

So is there a source of this damn stream that actually works properly? I'm getting tired of this pause every ****ing 10-15 seconds ****.

So is there a source of this damn stream that actually works properly? I'm getting tired of this pause every ****ing 10-15 seconds ****.

Depends on your internet connection. Mine is fine but I am using a 100/100 connection here at work. doesn't pause that much.

Watching on my ps3 .. Screen is pretty small but stream is decent

love the presentation so far, Killzone 4 is amazing. PS4 will be great, love their ideas, love the integration...

but Sony, as an American working in Asia, while I will always love you, regarding all your talk of one world, removing boundaries, and integration...why is your app "not available" to me via the Google Play store? This is the brave new world you're talking about? If it's because of some stupid government regulation, use the billions of dollars we give you and FIGHT IT.

yeah this is proof positive that we have a WAAAAYS to go before all this talk of always on, fully live, totally shared etc isn't even close to being realized.

The fact that all my music on my lumia 920 will be on the xbox 720. All my videos also. The fact that all this is synced with my windows 8 pc at home. The fact that Microsoft is talking to tv providers to get the console used as a stb. The rumors of it having an hdmi in so that it can integrate with your tv like google tv does.

The ps3 does not do this with my phone .

Well not for nothing, this is more down to what fits your personal needs then the fact it too will also be a very capable media powerhouse. Your initial quote made it out to be that it was not a good media powerhouse, and that is just simply not the case. Not only that but just by your response, it is clear the PS4 simply does not meet your needs whatsoever. You have a Windows based phone. Did you really believe that the competitions console would support that device? Or were you simply making a comment to make it seem not as capable because your own needs make it so? That would be like me saying the next MS Surface tablet blows as it will not sync my current iOS Apps. That is a given no?

Not really sure what makes it as good or better...

Well if we are talking media, which is what the quote was about, I can tell you why I feel it is better. And keep in mind it is not like it is leagues better, but it is better at the end of the day. Here is why I believe why.

It handles more file types overall. In particular, how it handles .mkv files is much better overall. Although this is more of a opinion, I do feel It is a more streamlined interface. Not as much digging into menus to get to media (for example a network drive on the 360 is a few clicks away, where on the PS3 it shows up right under its respective category. Netflix seems better on it overall (I am not the only one who feels this why, it is the top device for Netflix), and of course BluRay support.

I obviously own both consoles, so I simply just choose to use the one that handles media better. I think that is the PS3, and I gave the 360 more than a chance at proving me wrong. I tried using it exclusively as a media device for awhile, and had nothing but issues with file types and Windows Media Center not working or working. The PS3 I never had such issues.

At the very least I will agree that a lot of it comes down to preference, but I will not agree to the fact the 360 blows it away as a media device when that simply is just not the case.

Well not for nothing, this is more down to what fits your personal needs then the fact it too will also be a very capable media powerhouse. Your initial quote made it out to be that it was not a good media powerhouse, and that is just simply not the case. Not only that but just by your response, it is clear the PS4 simply does not meet your needs whatsoever. You have a Windows based phone. Did you really believe that the competitions console would support that device? Or were you simply making a comment to make it seem not as capable because your own needs make it so? That would be like me saying the next MS Surface tablet blows as it will not sync my current iOS Apps. That is a given no?

Well if we are talking media, which is what the quote was about, I can tell you why I feel it is better. And keep in mind it is not like it is leagues better, but it is better at the end of the day. Here is why I believe why.

It handles more file types overall. In particular, how it handles .mkv files is much better overall. Although this is more of a opinion, I do feel It is a more streamlined interface. Not as much digging into menus to get to media (for example a network drive on the 360 is a few clicks away, where on the PS3 it shows up right under its respective category. Netflix seems better on it overall (I am not the only one who feels this why, it is the top device for Netflix), and of course BluRay support.

I obviously own both consoles, so I simply just choose to use the one that handles media better. I think that is the PS3, and I gave the 360 more than a chance at proving me wrong. I tried using it exclusively as a media device for awhile, and had nothing but issues with file types and Windows Media Center not working or working. The PS3 I never had such issues.

At the very least I will agree that a lot of it comes down to preference, but I will not agree to the fact the 360 blows it away as a media device when that simply is just not the case.

This whole presentation is games games games. No mention of even having a Blu-ray player. ITs a well known fact that tablets are outselling everything. If PS4 doesn't have a BIG emphasis on media and an Easy way to access it they will have a hard time selling a lot of consoles.

IF the rumors of the xbox 720 are true it can sell a lot of consoles as just a stb for media and cable companies if the games console market tanks. The rumors even state of having a stb for just the media portions. Keep in mind having an HDMI IN means it could even act as a dvr.

Also keep in mind ease of accessing everything. Not everybody goes to neowin and knows how to run a dlna server to serve content to the ps3.

If the next xbox integrates with cable companies it can sell a ton of consoles without a single game being played on it.