Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th

I think I'm unfortunately going to find it hard to get excited about any console in the next generation. I don't see games changing that much. What Sony showed off tonight was a lot of flair with little actual practical use (reminds me of Siri...). Social gaming as they showed it (streaming a game from one person to another, uploading videos) - cool, but I think people would rather play games with each other than watch each other play games. Nothing new. Remote Play is legitimately cool, but we'll have to see how well it works on average connections (and you need to buy Vita for it). The games...look like any game out today, and I'm not talking about graphics. It didn't really get me excited about the next generation.

Main dude absolutely said almost everything was running in real time. The very first Unreal Demo he moved the damn controller to show he was controlling the camera. Almost every other demo he said "running in real time."

And I seriously have to wonder if people were mistaking a choppy stream for choppy gameplay. Once I got a good stream from IGN, nothing looked choppy. Prior to watching it, yes, everything looked like ass, as the whole stream ran like ass.

Yeah I had pixelation issues, but I have a 3.5mb internet connection :p

The only game I noticed real issues was Watch Dogs, had noticeable screen tearing.

On another note are Blizzard that irrelevant these days? lol. Diablo 3 disappointed me a lot on the PC, but it's still a big announcement for Sony since they mentioned "partnership" quite a few times. Things like Bungie mentioning exclusive DLC is quite irrelevant in this day and age, but if Sony do indeed have Blizzard exclusivity I do not think that's something to simply shun off from this presentation.

Speaking of Bungie though Destiny is looking good, should help sell the PS4 to some of the Xbox crowd, at least in comparison to the previous way of Bungie games being MS exclusive.

Speaking of Bungie though Destiny is looking good, should help sell the PS4 to some of the Xbox crowd, at least in comparison to the previous way of Bungie games being MS exclusive.

Destiny is multiplatform. PS3, PS4, Xbox 360.

Destiny is multiplatform. PS3, PS4, Xbox 360.

I know it's not PS exclusive, I just mean around Halo launches on the Xbox it literally used to obliterate the focus of any other game/platform for at least a few weeks at release.

Maybe pre-rendered was the wrong word. I meant pre-recorded. I don't doubt that the PS4 is capable of those graphics, my biggest gripe was 90% of the time was spent on third-party games and barely anything was about the console itself.

Maybe pre-rendered was the wrong word. I meant pre-recorded. I don't doubt that the PS4 is capable of those graphics, my biggest gripe was 90% of the time was spent on third-party games and barely anything was about the console itself.

I was a little sad not to see some sort of design for the console, but I had to realize it's still soo far away and if MS do indeed wait till E3 to announce, Sony will still need a strong E3 so that the worlds largest gaming event doesn't become all MS and this February event becomes a distant memory.

What Sony did isn't even standard procedure so I wasn't surprised when they didn't show a PS4 console. And by that, I mean revealing games and showing demos well before the console's release date. Normally, Microsoft and Sony unveil their new consoles at E3.

What surprised me was Capcom's next-gen "Panta Rhei" engine. The dragon's fire breath looked very realistic. Also, I'm glad they're going to equip the PS4 with 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM. I wonder if Microsoft will increase the RAM of the next-gen Xbox to 12 or even 16 GB.

For those who were asking for specs...

original.png

Note the text "...subject to change without notice."

Source: Kotaku

BluRay confirmed (like that was even a question)

hey guys, anyone know where I can watch the stream now?

Dont know about the Stream itself, but Kotaku has basically an article for every main aspect of the event in chronological order with accompanying video.

I think the blu-ray player and the emotion engine chip dramatically increased the price of the PS3. Blu-Ray diodes are cheaper now so that shouldn't increase the price and there is no attempt at hardware B/C this time around.

Thinking about it some more, I just really hope the current Vita is capable of the Remote Play features that were touted. We all know Sony likes to release multiple revisions of their handhelds, and that would be one hell of a slap to the face to the 7 of us who have already purchased the Vita if the current iteration of it is not capable of the Remote Play. Guess only time will tell there.

What was the PS3? $829AUD right? That does not seem right at all based on the rumors it was going to be less then the PS3 was.

More like $1,000AUD if i recall.

Rumor 4GB... MS rumor 8GB...

Sony: Erm... we're doing 8GB of RAM!! lool

Blatantly last minute decisions :p

Erm... no it wasn't, the recent leak of the dev kits showed of having 8GB of RAM!!

The suspend/resume feature sounds interesting. Will have to see how well it's implemented though.

same way you put your computer or phone to sleep while playing a game and wake it up.

Erm... no it wasn't, the recent leak of the dev kits showed of having 8GB of RAM!!

Dev kits in general always have twice the ram and usually completely different hardware as well. especially early on. so the dev kits having 8 gb pointed to the inal units having 4 in fact.

Any prices right now will simply be place holder.

Even with 8GB of GDDR5, and the apparently bundled PSEye, we'll be shooting for ~ $425.

The cost to manufacture will be cheaper by the years end, so it's obvious why pricing strategy is one of the last elements to announce.