Major Marvel Phase 3 rumor (spoiler alert!)

Fresh grist for the Marvel Phase 3 speculators - this from Latino Review via Ain't It Cool News. First Ant-Man, then Dr. Strange, and now.....

Click at your own risk :)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60738

El Mayimbe at Latino-Review has been teasing that he has some big Marvel scoopage for weeks now and just dropped it. It's a rumor and a big rumor at that, so as usual with these kinds of stories, take it with a grain of salt. Keep in mind, it was Latino-Review that broke that Thanos was the post-credits tease at the end of Avengers way early. They have good sources.

If true, it concerns our favorite big green angry guy and the way he fits into Marvel's Phase 3. Mayimbe hears that he will be getting his own stand alone film, with Mark Ruffalo still in the character, post Avengers 2... and that storyline will be Planet Hulk

More from comingsoon.net -

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99859

The ending of Marvel's The Avengers 2, the site claims, will see Mark Ruffalo's Hulk lost in space and in a position where his next big screen solo adventure can follow the plot of Greg Pak's 2006 storyline, Planet Hulk. In that series, the Hulk finds himself a gladiatorial champion on an alien world.

The site also notes that the Marvel Cinematic Universe will offer their own take on the comics' Illuminati, a "secret order" comprised of Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Charles Xavier, Reed Richards, Namor and Iron Man. Of course, the core structure of that group is very likely to change for the big screen, but, as in the comics, they will be responsible for the The Hulk's banishment into space.

From there, early plans are said to call for the Hulk to return in Marvel's The Avengers 3 for a revenge-driven World War Hulk adaptation.

I dunno, the comic of planet hulk was terrible imho... it pretty much reduced the whole hulk thing into inbred redneck supermonsters with the brain of a lobotomized attack dog.

• 3 months later...

Eh... I really don't know that I would care for this direction personally... Planet Hulk I thought was an overrated story that made the Hulk a ridiculous caricature of himself. It was silly. And while this would fit with the horrendous Hulk 1 and slightly less so Hulk 2, I would prefer this to not hit the Avengers which hopefully will turn out to be good movies...

To each their own, but I'm not a fan.

It doesn't make any sense after Avengers.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the Hulk direction was stupid in the Avengers:

one second he's this uncontrollable monster, the next he's a conscious, team player.

But, since that's the direction they went with him, why would they need to put him on a planet

since he's clearly not a danger anymore?