Three students get perfect SAT scores

Surprise, relief, just plain happy says it all for three Upper Dublin High School juniors who recently achieved what many might deem impossible: a perfect score on the SATs. And for two other juniors who scored 2380 ? one miss ? their near-perfect score was pretty exciting, too.

?I still don?t really believe it,? said Julie Baldassano of her 2400 score. ?I was happily surprised.? Her two older brothers each got one wrong on the SATs, she said, adding, ?My whole life I?ve been in their shadow. I passed a bar I always thought was impossible to pass.?

Anxious to see the results, the 17-year-old Maple Glen girl was online at 6 a.m. the day they were posted and hers ?all said 800.?

?I thought I might be still asleep,? so she went to tell her parents, ?I think I might have good news,? and had them look. ?They were really happy about it,? she said.

Having done OK on practice tests, Baldassano said ?it was a big relief to have finished [the test],? and while she ?felt pretty comfortable with it, it?s always hard to tell.?

A first-place winner since sixth grade in the state science fair competition, Baldassano said she will probably choose a career in science ? ?maybe a vet or engineering? ? and start looking at colleges during spring break.

It almost goes without saying that Baldassano and the other four juniors in this high-achieving SAT group are enrolled in honors and Advanced Placement courses at the high school and carry GPAs above the 4.0 range. But academics are just part of their lives.

Baldassano has a love for animals exemplified by a charity she started, Hats for Homes, that recently hit the $4,000 mark. Founder of a knitting club at the high school, she has personally knit more than 350 hats, which she sells to raise money for the Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue. Key Club, Student Government Association, Astronomy Club, Latin Club, Teen Library Council, the school newspaper, the yearbook and cooking for a hospice through her church are among her many after-school activities.

Benjamin She, who didn?t find out about his perfect score until he got to school, said he felt ?a little bit of disbelief; I thought maybe there was an error.?

Having taken more than 10 practice tests, the 16-year-old from the Ambler section of the township said he ?felt really prepared? and a sense of accomplishment for having completed the test.

More

How is this news? A few years ago when I graduated high school, SAT's were based on the 1600 point system, and a few people got close to perfect.

How is this news? A few years ago when I graduated high school, SAT's were based on the 1600 point system, and a few people got close to perfect.

Statistically its rare for that many people in a single school to get those scores. Hence, news. Ignoring that, its a local paper reporting it.

standardized tests are still BS though. to bad they've started using them over here as well. but not or the student, the scores are used to rate the schools not the students. better, but still stupid.

i only missed one question each on the SAT and ACT. My best friend missed one question on the ACT and has a full score on the SAT.

standardized tests are still BS though. to bad they've started using them over here as well. but not or the student, the scores are used to rate the schools not the students. better, but still stupid.

These are used to rate students, not schools. The ACT and SAT are used to assess whether a student is smart enough to go to a particular college. We have other tests for what you are referring to. Both the ACT and SAT are tests that a high schooler takes only if they want to and many times don't even link the students to their high schools for statistical purposes. Adults wanting to return to school years or even decades after graduating high school usually have to take the tests for the same reason.

That being said, your point is still valid of the other tests used to rate schools.