Classic 8bit/16bit wallpapers

I've come up with a method for creating wallpapers from classic NES/SNES games and I was wondering whether others would be interested in seeing more of these kinds of art:

ifiA3cS.jpg

This is an example. I want to do more, and I can do it from pretty much any old school game. I'd like to know people appreciate this kind of stuff before I invest any time into it. (The method is time consuming)

Yeah, definitely interested on this

1080p please :)

Zelda-

Kirby-

F-zero-

DK Country-

Mega Man-

Whatever's possible :woot:

I have a long list of old school games I can make wallpapers from, and I'll happily take requests.

I am working on 1920x1080 haunted house from Super Mario World (the first haunted house). Including the part where you can fly up the top and run along.

The method is laborious, and I'd like to put some of this work on something like deviant art, but would there be copyright issues?

I've come up with a method for creating wallpapers from classic NES/SNES games and I was wondering whether others would be interested in seeing more of these kinds of art:

ifiA3cS.jpg

This is an example. I want to do more, and I can do it from pretty much any old school game. I'd like to know people appreciate this kind of stuff before I invest any time into it. (The method is time consuming)

Nice idea I like it but I prefer the other SMW one that someone posted on 4chan years ago that takes up the whole screen with different elements from SMW... This looks kinda, lacking anything from the top down to almost the bottom :/.

EDIT: Not on the PC that has it but found a link to it;

wallpaper-mario.jpg

I like it - it is from my childhood era but once the icons / windows elements are overlayed - it might be hard on the eyes visually.

It is cool though and appreciated the version you have so far.

Nice idea I like it but I prefer the other SMW one that someone posted on 4chan years ago that takes up the whole screen with different elements from SMW... This looks kinda, lacking anything from the top down to almost the bottom :/.

EDIT: Not on the PC that has it but found a link to it;

Yeah, I know there is other stuff out there like this, but I was hoping to do entire levels from start to finish. Accurately. There are so many great levels to recreate. Like the positions of enemies when you first encounter them. When you climb those pirahna plants, fly up onto clous. All that stuff. Not just a mishmash of different levels.

VERY cool. Often considered this, but I don't use wallpapers :(

How do you mean? You always have the default wallpaper?

I'd really like to know the legal status of putting this kind of stuff of something like deviantart. I am willing to put the time in to make these, but I also want to respect copyright holders. Is this a "fair use" thing? Provided I am no profiting off of it?

I'd really like to know the legal status of putting this kind of stuff of something like deviantart. I am willing to put the time in to make these, but I also want to respect copyright holders. Is this a "fair use" thing? Provided I am no profiting off of it?

Yes, there might be indeed legal issues. The only thing I can think of is Fan art but even so.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_art

Just don't make profit and I doubt Nintento will go after you.

Illegal in the eyes of the law if nintendo ever wanted to go after you (happened to the guy that made terraria, he made some mario game) but it's highly unlikely they will go after you in practise, lawyers would cost lots and they'd never make more money from sueing you than what their lawyers cost.