Futuremark 3DMark (2013 edition)

hmm. im skeptical about the accuracy of this result. not bc of your computer but the program.

your Cloud Gate scores says 27.5, but mine is only 19.9. then your Fire Strike says 10.4 but mine is only 6k. i cant imagine that your CPU is the only difference. We both have the same generation, same clock speed, but yours has 2 extra cores.

hmm. im skeptical about the accuracy of this result. not bc of your computer but the program.

your Cloud Gate scores says 27.5, but mine is only 19.9. then your Fire Strike says 10.4 but mine is only 6k. i cant imagine that your CPU is the only difference. We both have the same generation, same clock speed, but yours has 2 extra cores.

Well if you are running an i7-920 compared to my i7-990X that's probably why, there is a lot of CPU intensive stuff going on and the extra cores is probably why. You said in a previous post the combined test was slower on yours? Mine was pretty smooth, some slow down, but not choppy by any means.

Well if you are running an i7-920 compared to my i7-990X that's probably why, there is a lot of CPU intensive stuff going on and the extra cores is probably why. You said in a previous post the combined test was slower on yours? Mine was pretty smooth, some slow down, but not choppy by any means.

so the 2 extra cores accounts for 4400 point difference? im still skeptical.

yeah, the combined test kills my machine. best i could do on it was like 11fps. cant remember the exact score right off.

so the 2 extra cores accounts for 4400 point difference? im still skeptical.

yeah, the combined test kills my machine. best i could do on it was like 11fps. cant remember the exact score right off.

What's the link to your online result

The i7-920, only has 8mb cache, 4,8GT/s QPI speed with 4 cores and 8 threads

Mine has 12mb cache 6 cores, 12 threads, 6.4GT/s QPI speed, I just ran the tests again, here is the 2nd result.

3dMark2013-2.jpg

Score looks fine to me - it's very similar to my score of 27.4 and I have a similar graphics setup and similar CPU (mine has less cores but is clocked higher). The only score that looks unusual is the first one, which seems to be a bit on the low side. If you're getting lower scores then it sounds like the problem is at your end - probably drivers or CPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Was curious how badly it would run on my old envy 14 the other day so i ran it on it. Also, for some reason it can't read the cpu speed right.

LxUDzx3.jpg

So far i've ran 3 different test.

First one is using 13.1 release drivers.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/247514

Second is using 13.2 beta 6 drivers.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/250162

3rd is crossfire 7870 using 13.2 beta 6.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/254583

The biggest difference is using crossfire on Fire Strike.

I still cant find out why it's only 1599mhz for the processor clock. All my bio settings are on default with no OC'ing.

I still cant find out why it's only 1599mhz for the processor clock. All my bio settings are on default with no OC'ing.

Is it only 1599MHz on 3DMark or the same in CPU-Z too ?

If only 3DMark, don't worry about it, my RAM gets reported wrongly too, along with other things like my 0nm CPU

Also, do you have power saving enabled to clock your CPU down on idle?

Is it only 1599MHz on 3DMark or the same in CPU-Z too ?

If only 3DMark, don't worry about it, my RAM gets reported wrongly too, along with other things like my 0nm CPU

Also, do you have power saving enabled to clock your CPU down on idle?

In CPU-z it stays at 1599mhz until i start doing something like opening firefox or running a game.

I haven't checked to see if i got power savings enabled.

Edit: I just checked power savings, an it's disabled.

In CPU-z it stays at 1599mhz until i start doing something like opening firefox or running a game.

I haven't checked to see if i got power savings enabled.

Edit: I just checked power savings, an it's disabled.

If it is clocking down when its idle, and clocking back up when you're using the machine, then it sounds definitely like a power saving option is enabled, maybe in the BIOS (C&Q or Speedstep) iirc

Nothing to worry about, saves you power and keeps it cool, and will clock to full speed when it's needed, I disable mine for OC stability

Looks good to me, you beat my scores by quite a bit

Which seems a little odd, since it's beating my scores also, he has a single 7950, which is beaten by a single GTX680. yet I have (2) GTX680's in SLI and he's ahead on the first test both graphics and physix

Which seems a little odd, since it's beating my scores also, he has a single 7950, which is beaten by a single GTX680. yet I have (2) GTX680's in SLI and he's ahead on the first test both graphics and physix

If it makes you happy, i'm beating his first secores. :)