My thought on Dead Space 3

Just finished a quick playthrough.

The best Dead space games in its series imo :)

But haven't had a chance for co-op

So this review is based on solo experience.

Still bloody , gory and exciting every moment from the beginning until the end.

Hope this will help those of you who haven't tried this game yet :rolleyes:

Read the full review below

Dead space 3 review

If it's better than Dead Space 2 Im happy.

I liked the first one, I loved the second one. If the third one is better then that's saying something.

I loved Dead Space 1 & 2, played them through multiple times but I found Dead Space 3 boring. Completed it (including the long repetitive side missions) but I doubt I'll play it again.

I haven't played DS 1 and 2, so I have nothing to go on. Only annoying thing to me is having to bash the Hell out of the "E" button at times. But the game is OK.

I played DS 1 and 2 and something about this one stands out a lot. I dont really like the new weapon system. I am able to hold only 2 weapons at a time?? Like wtf. I feel like the monsters just gang rape me every corner I take. Just the current weapons feel weaker compare to the ones from Dead space 1 and 2.. :(

From what i can garner from most reviews, the game has exchanged some of its Horror feel for RPG. The IGN review, for example, emphasized how all the collecting and upgrading mechanics made the reviewer want to pump up Isaac to be a powerhouse, which really takes the "survivial" out of a survival-horror game.

Watched a livestream earlier of the game and it just looks like a mix of Doom 3 and Lost Planet. I guess the crafting could be cool to see what weapons you can come up with but I don't think it would have any real affect on the game, to be honest.

I love the Dead Space series, and I've played though them all ... but something about DS3 disappointed me.

When the game starts out, the atmosphere is pretty classic DS. I loved the artwork and the atmospheres they created with the 200 year old space ships etc... but once you get on the planet I found the game took a turn for the worse, and just became your average shooter/RPG with some weird monsters thrown in. I found it just lacked from the classic DS atmosphere that they had worked hard to create in the first 2 games. There is no real tension any longer, just run around and shoot things that move. The story was also pretty good until they said the moon was a giant necromorph... seriously??

Gawd does every game lately need to have these annoying minigames to open locked doors ? It just slows everything down to a crawl.

That said It looks as good as ever no issue with the bare bones pc version.

Haven't completed it yet but my thoughts so far

Firstly... the weapons... seriously?!?! it feels as if all have been deliberately gimped to encourage people to pay for materials to upgrade them. The line cutter particularly has had it's rate of fire cut significantly which is just trashy in my opinion.

Secondly...

Another one of those "fly through space and dodge debris runs... seriously? Probably the most frustrating point of Dead Space 2 for me, a very uninspiring game mechanic that I'm surprised they brought back

Thirdly...

All of a sudden Isaac is a lot older, was with and then without Ellie... holy plot leapage batman

Graphics... Given that it was a lazy console port surprisingly impressive

Gameplay... apart from the gimping of the weapons about as good as it was in the previous games.

So far, it's a mixed bag for me but by no means terrible. But EA, PLEASE stop gimping your games to sell DLC. It's not on.

Gawd does every game lately need to have these annoying minigames to open locked doors ? It just slows everything down to a crawl.

That said It looks as good as ever no issue with the bare bones pc version.

I didn't enjoy that door minigame thing either. But at least there was some variety in it.

I too recently finished the game. The good thing is its rather long compared to most games these days.

At first I didn't like change in weapon/suit upgrade mechanic, but you are in a far away place with no credits or power nodes so it does make sense and ties with the story neatly. What I found is that first 3/4 of the game you lack materials and then you just don't need them anymore since you already have best weapon selected...or gotten used to one.

Line cutter was nice in previous games and here it felt useless once red eyed monster appeared.

Still I am quite eager for than new dlc soon.