You kind of played half the game, tbh. Play the other part of the game with Iiorveth. The story of the 2nd chapter is about 85% different, and the third about 50% different.

Personally, I was genuinely surprised how many plot-holes are filled with answers if you play the other side of the story. And I love how they did this, if you never experience the other side, you never find out what happened to some people. Really nicely done.

Plenty of time until February 2015 :)

38 EUR on Steam, 44 on GOG. Sweden. ... Heh, Steam seem to have indeed upped the price now to 44 EUR with the discount.

I see what put me on the wrong track, they changed the currency for my country from ? to $. I believed they actually went with fair pricing for The Witcher 3 after all. That's a real shame, but on the other hand you can get it for 13? with a Moscow proxy if you're so inclined.

- DX12 support

Doubt it since DX12 won't be available to consumers by the time the game is released, but they might add support later.

I got 40 hours out of Witcher 2, only doing the Roche's path...

It sure better be longer than that.

Thanks!

The link that -Razorfold post says the game has "Unique novel-like story with over 100 hours of game play".

So I guess that answers that. However that doesn't say if it will be like TW2 where the story splits and you have to replay the game to see the other side. I assume there will be some story splitting but not exactly to the extent of TW2.

Here is an interesting article (from april, so it's somewhat recent) for you to read, too. According to that the game world will be 3 times bigger than Skyrims.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/04/the-witcher-3-about-the-worlds-size-and-system-requirements/

If you guys want to pre-order the witcher 3 this is the best deal you're going to find: http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

10-20% depending on if you own Witcher 1 / 2 and a bunch of bonus items, plus its all DRM free

Plus, you get outdated and bloated packages that add junk to your system, for free!

Plus, you get outdated and bloated packages that add junk to your system, for free!

You don't have to download any of the bonus things and they aren't bundled together with the game. If you don't like it, then don't get it. You still get the 10-20% discount if you own Witcher 3.

What's so bad about getting free things?

Steam should be cheaper for Europeans. I find it hilarious how GOG's "fair pricing" policy is a total piece of crap, even though they were so much PR-ing that this would benefit customers. Best joke ever. :laugh: And now with the "DRM-FREEEE" parade only referring to the single player portions of the games.

If you actually read the press release they made is pretty clear. GOG does NOT control regional pricing for games that they do not publish. They are trying to get publishers on board with no DRM and no regional pricing but they are limited to what they can do.

If you have a problem with regional pricing take it to the publishers themselves or to your Government. For example, Witcher 3 is made by CD Projekt but it isn't published by them, it is published by Warner Bros (USA) / Bandai Namco (EU). WB/BM is the one that sets the price of the game, not GOG or CDP.

All GOG can do is give you store credit, and they're doing that even though they don't have to. Many other places couldn't give a crap about it.

Damn. I might have to replay Witcher 2 and do the other path. Though I will probably wait till winter to do so. Right before Witcher 3 comes out.

I got 40 hours out of Witcher 2, only doing the Roche's path...

It sure better be longer than that.

Thanks!

With a "multi-region open world" I imagine that you'll probably be able to get 30-40 hours out of the game if not more.

As for the rest we probably won't know until the game is out or closer to release.

The game has 100 hours of game play. 50 hours for the main campaign. Another 50 for the side quests.  In comparision the Witcher 2 had 55 hours to complete.

Check out the bottom right corner:

The-Witcher_in-numbers_info-EN.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/25/the-witcher-franchise-lifetime-sales-revealed,

• Like 2

I will buy the collector's edition when it becomes available on Amazon then.

Yuck. Gamestop. When buying stuff through Gamestop be sure to read through everything so you don't get signed up for "services" you don't want or even know exist. It happened to me and it ended up costing me a lot. I'll never buy from them again.

Got mine for PC just now at GameStop, jump on it.

attachicon.gifSelection_003.png

Fantastic. I got the GOG.com edition, which is the second best. I wanted the CE edition but I have no room for it in my small apartment.

Yuck. Gamestop. When buying stuff through Gamestop be sure to read through everything so you don't get signed up for "services" you don't want or even know exist. It happened to me and it ended up costing me a lot. I'll never buy from them again.

I'm kinda lost by what you mean, I didn't register for their power up program. I just put the pre-order on card and that was it.

Fantastic. I got the GOG.com edition, which is the second best. I wanted the CE edition but I have no room for it in my small apartment.

You can put the statue on top your fridge. That way Geralt can fight off any griffens raiding your fridge. :laugh:

This is such a hot poster btw

post-503907-0-77989700-1402255428.jpg

• Like 2

With a "multi-region open world" I imagine that you'll probably be able to get 30-40 hours out of the game if not more.

As for the rest we probably won't know until the game is out or closer to release.

As with anything, factor in play style and possible +/- for marketing purposes... But the devs did state the main story will be about 50 hours, and side quests total in around another 50 hours. I am certainly okay with a 100 hour game with 36 possible endings :)
  • Like 1

Missed the CD Projekt RED presentation. Did they show any more gameplay, other than the bit from the Xbox conference?

No, only this, on XO this don't look as suppose, let wait for PC  gameplay :drool:

Uh yeah. The witcher games and specifically The Witcher 3 aren't very similar to Skyrim at all. If they have to be compared to a game or games at all they're more similar to the Dragon Age games and the Dark Souls series.

Though that doesn't quite fit either.

Hmmmm...so is this a Skyrim clone? :/

In general, Skyrim is meant for a younger audience than The Witcher Trilogy.

In terms of story telling, character depth, development, sexual content, and violence, it is on a different tier.

I would compare it to Gothic II, but with seven or so novels behind it.

Geralt is an excellent character. And Triss is just...yummy. The tan, the curves...hmmm Merigold....can't wait to see what the new "engine" does for good old Triss :drool:

EDIT: to sum up, not Skyrim

• Like 1