I'm considering getting this game soon. Sorry for being a little ignorant, but what's GOG (I know the website) and is there a better version of this game to get? I'm used to Steam for my usual purchases.

I'm considering getting this game soon. Sorry for being a little ignorant, but what's GOG (I know the website) and is there a better version of this game to get? I'm used to Steam for my usual purchases.

gog is "good old games"

a site that collects completely DRM free unprotected versions of games.   it is also owned by the same people who made witcher.   

it does not really matter where you buy the game. if you like steam, you can get it there.  gog version is completely unprotected, in the sense that your copy will always work, without connecting to verify anything.

gameplay wise, there is no difference!

You can also redeem the Steam copy on GOG if you buy it from there. Basically, it comes down to the 30% Steam takes from a sold copy and if you want that money to go to Steam or to the devs.

Thanks. I think I'll default to my Steam method.  :D

I've heard the GoG version is a smaller download too, compared to steams. But I haven't actually verified if that's true or not.

If bandwidth usage and download speeds aren't a problem then it doesn't matter, of course.

And new dlc this week..

I'm kind of glad I haven't had time to play this game the last month or so. 

I've heard the GoG version is a smaller download too, compared to steams. But I haven't actually verified if that's true or not.

If bandwidth usage and download speeds aren't a problem then it doesn't matter, of course.

And new dlc this week..

I'm kind of glad I haven't had time to play this game the last month or so. 

Hmm, the model change when he cuts people in half is very jarring.

• Like 1

The new finishers look great from an animation stand point, but I agree with Luc2k. The bodies going insta-red as soon as they're cleaved is disappointing. Still, it's free!

Just got to play some and the first thing I noticed is that they've changed the level requirements for the Witcher crafted armor. Specifically Enhanced Ursine armor. It went from 22/23 to 25/26.

That wasn't in any version of the patch notes that I could track down and I'm curious why they changed it.

Apparently it can cause a lot of problems when you get to parts of the game that unequip your weapons such as fist fights and other quests. It'll leave you naked and without weapons to use.

Of course if you've already made it further into the game or aren't that far into it not much changes.

My Geralt is only level 23 so this could potentially cause me some problems.

What exactly is the New Game DLC?

Earlier this week, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red revealed that the final piece of free downloadable content coming to the open-world game was a New Game+ mode. Today, the developer explains what that means for players returning for a replay of The Witcher 3.

First on the list? "Enemies will be stronger, obviously," CD Projekt Red community lead Marcin Momot said.

In a post on the game's official forums, Momot explained that player experience, money and alchemy recipes will carry over when starting a New Game+ playthrough. So will items, with a few exceptions: Gwent cards, quest items, books, letters, usable items and trophies.

If a player finishes the game below level 30, they'll be bumped up to level 30 when they start New Game+, Momot explained. Otherwise, they'll start New Game+ playthroughs with their current level.

"You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build," Momot said.

Players will be able to select any difficulty level they want when starting New Game+.

i am still staying away from alchemy :p       but i'll consider a less sword and more signs build.  though i will wait to play it again until closer to expansion packs time i guess. memory is still too fresh...

• Like 1

Resetting Gwent cards? ****!

Should just have reset the quest related ones :p

i am still staying away from alchemy :p       but i'll consider a less sword and more signs build.  though i will wait to play it again until closer to expansion packs time i guess. memory is still too fresh...

Whats wrong with alchemy? Having a lightning potion that lasts 2+ minutes is quite useful on death march difficulty.

I wouldn't put a lot of points into alchemy but there are some useful things in there.

Whats wrong with alchemy? Having a lightning potion that lasts 2+ minutes is quite useful on death march difficulty.

I wouldn't put a lot of points into alchemy but there are some useful things in there.

poisoning from oils

Patch 1.0.8 is on GOG, downloading :)

cannot login to gog site, or connect in galaxy...  

maybe they are getting hummered with this.

patch 1.08

GENERAL:
  • Preparatory features paving the way for the introduction of New Game + in the future.

so, no new game+ in this patch yet!

The new game+ thing is dlc. So it'll probably be out next week. 

yeah, even though originally i planned to play it much later, i think i might start playing it as soon as the DLC is out.