Cool.  I like it, but just needs tweaking.  You going to do a Triss and Yennefer?

Yeah I think I,ll probs go Yennefer next... shes probably my fave tbh. I hadnt even intended to do Ciri, just started drawing and found I was heading in that direction.

Still got a tonne of stuff to do with Ciri mind you. Am thinking of adding a forest backdrop with a few crows in there :)

Just a matter of getting time to do it whilst also playing the game and all the other PC goodies out at mo. (Batman & Mad Max im also trying to play thru, whilst raiding in Wow :p)

Next day off I get tho I want to get Ciri done or close to done :)

Can someone explain armor/weapons for me in NG+.  I know you have to get new armor over again since Ursine armor have diff more powerful stats.  You have normal, enhanced, superior, and master crafted.   What is the deal with legendary armor?  Was that in the normal game and I just missed it?  And the armor upgrades you have to find?

Thanks

Can someone explain armor/weapons for me in NG+.  I know you have to get new armor over again since Ursine armor have diff more powerful stats.  You have normal, enhanced, superior, and master crafted.   What is the deal with legendary armor?  Was that in the normal game and I just missed it?  And the armor upgrades you have to find?

Thanks

Legendary armor is in the base game. It was mostly outclassed by the set stuff though so you probably overlooked it. At least for me 90% of the time the legendary stuff I found was inferior to the set stuff I crafted.

I am getting pretty good at Gwent.  Not to hard to beat once you get he hang of it.  So far my 2nd play thru via NG+ is much easier to beat Gwent.

It's all about baiting with the spy cards on your first round.

Legendary armor is in the base game. It was mostly outclassed by the set stuff though so you probably overlooked it. At least for me 90% of the time the legendary stuff I found was inferior to the set stuff I crafted.

Ah, ok.  Must have missed it.  I got legendary armor now in NG+ which is better than my master crafted from my first play thru.

It's all about baiting with the spy cards on your first round.

Have to be smart on what cards you have as well.  At the beginning of the round, you  get a chance to discard 2 and get 2 more randoms.  If you have a bunch of swordsman and a winter card, get rid of the winter or else it will play against you.  Same goes for if you have a bunch of archers, get rid of fog and if you have a bunch of ballistics, get rid of rain.  Also, when playing against a monster deck, I want winter.  Monster decks seem to play a lot of swordsman which rack up points against you quickly.  Winter will kill that big time.

Also, if someone tosses a weather  card at you and you have a card to clear all weather conditions, DO NOT play it right away and wait until the end of the round.  I had a guy toss 3 diff weather cards at me once and I was way low on points.  This was the final round.  Used my clear weather conditions card at the end and won the game.

• 4 weeks later...

The 1.10 patch is out. It includes a lot of changes but it's also a huge file size, more than 10gb (just for the patch) according to galaxy. Mine is telling me it wants to download 20gb worth of stuff. I was expecting a big download for the patch but not quite that big.

If I had to guess I'd say it's downloading the Heart of Stone dlc as well despite the fact that I haven't actually bought it yet.

Annoyed that the Heart of Stone dlc has suck a high level requirement.  I am only level 52 or so and the DLC recommends level 60 something to do the quest.

It's 30 on NG, 60 on NG+.

I started a new NG on DM. Was going to do a DM playthrough on NG+, but console DLC is still broken for NG+.

I haven't played since the 1.10 update that rebalanced Death March, I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Also I'm not sure why people felt the need to exploit to begin with. My Geralt is only around level 24 or so and I've probably got more money than I'll ever need. Although it is a hilarious way to deal with it.

Yeah start of the game money is tight but before you know it you're drowning in gold with nothing to do with it but spend it on floozies at the inn.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got around to doing the DLC and I got to say, this is how you do DLC. It's fantastic. Quests are well thought out and really interesting.

I still haven't had a chance to get back into the game. Maybe some day...after Fallout 4. I'm thinking at this point I may as well just wait for the second dlc.

Speaking of Fallout 4 it seems that game will be giving the Witcher 3 a good run at game of the year, just going by reviews so far, along with The Phantom Pain.

I still haven't had a chance to get back into the game. Maybe some day...after Fallout 4. I'm thinking at this point I may as well just wait for the second dlc.

Speaking of Fallout 4 it seems that game will be giving the Witcher 3 a good run at game of the year, just going by reviews so far, along with The Phantom Pain.

Everyone says MGV storyline is disappointing and rushed though.

I want to replay Witcher 3 but, then again, I want to replay it with first and second expansions present.

I've had to move recently, which means I packed up my PS4. I haven't unpacked it yet, so I haven't been able to play much of anything lately. I think I'm going to buy Fallout on my way home from work today, and give it a shot. I'm not really a fan of Bethesda games (scaling enemies are a big no-no for me) but I'm a sucker for hype. Reviews have been good and people on GAF seem to be enjoying it, so I'll give it a shot. If I don't like it, my brother is getting an early Christmas present and I'm going back to The Witcher. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I love Fallout 4 and I love MGS: TPP but I think The Witcher 3 deserves to be game of the year. Hell, it probably deserves to be game of the decade.

Definitely. With the DLC considered in the overall package it's easily my GOTY, with Bloodborne a strong, but distant, second place.