Geralt is an excellent character. And Triss is just...yummy. The tan, the curves...hmmm Merigold....can't wait to see what the new "engine" does for good old Triss :drool:

h15kI4O.gif

New screenshots:

CsrYrAc.jpg

LkenzJn.jpg

MSV7sdB.jpg

pvBExRx.jpg

• Like 3

There's one detail I really appreciate about The Witcher 2 and now 3. It's the fact that they gave Geralt sheaths for his swords. It adds a lot to the immersion. Most games don't do this and it's really disappointing.

New screenshots:

That was probably the fastest right click save to desktop in the history of the internet. What are you trying to do Vic, cause a kleenex shortage?

But thank you :wub:

There's one detail I really appreciate about The Witcher 2 and now 3. It's the fact that they gave Geralt sheaths for his swords. It adds a lot to the immersion. Most games don't do this and it's really disappointing.

I will not have Triss reduced to a sheath for Geralt's sword!

• Like 3

It sucks that we won't be able to play it until February 2015. I was really hoping I'd fight some monsters while staying warm in December.

• Like 3

It sucks that we won't be able to play it until February 2015. I was really hoping I'd fight some monsters while staying warm in December.

This would have been the perfect game for Xmas/holidays, light the candles, snuggle up with a nice mug of mead, box of kleenex at the ready... 

mqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Leaked docs, via IGN, docs not posted due to spoilers. Only thing I read myself was that one zone alone is 64 sq. Km! Now I'm thrilled at the size, mounts, and the fact that it's all handcrafted, not like witcher 2/other games where assets are copied and altered or small visual tricks to deceive, they're genuinely creating unique, huge, filled environments. I welcome the 100+ hours of play they stated, especially when W2 took 30/35 hires for everything to complete once I played a second time and knew about everything and how to play.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The game looks fantastic, but I was never able to finish the first two due to awkward controls and lame combat systems. I hope the third one sands off those rough edges, because this game looks epic.

The game looks fantastic, but I was never able to finish the first two due to awkward controls and lame combat systems. I hope the third one sands off those rough edges, because this game looks epic.

never played the 1st one.  2nd one was great.  i only had to suffer learning the combat in the first 30 min, then i went for the easy brute path, ignoring all the magic mostly.

made it easier to get by. 

story is great!

never played the 1st one.  2nd one was great.  i only had to suffer learning the combat in the first 30 min, then i went for the easy brute path, ignoring all the magic mostly.

made it easier to get by. 

story is great!

Maybe I'll do that. If the third one is better I may need to play the second one, at least, to get the story. Though I heard CDPR is doing some type of recap movie or intro for people who haven't played the originals.

• Like 1

I'd play the second one. Doing it so myself now to refresh the memory on the story and also have a save file ready for the third one; because I remember reading somewhere that your actions in the story on the second one will carry to the third one, just like they did in the second one (from the first game).

I'd play the second one. Doing it so myself now to refresh the memory on the story and also have a save file ready for the third one; because I remember reading somewhere that your actions in the story on the second one will carry to the third one, just like they did in the second one (from the first game).

Something I need to do myself......sadly I wont be playing the third one unless someone gifts it to me or whenever it goes on a heavy sale.

So I watched this video last night, and I have to say that the combat, one of my biggest issues with the first two games, looks much smoother (better) now. I am actually excite! I will definitely try to force my way through 1 and 2 now to get the story before February.

• Like 1

I am going nuts waiting on this game, only played the second game but it was great. Luckily this fall is loaded with shooters so I'll get plenty of my fix and be well rpg rested to let loose on this 100+ hour experience.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i am replaying witcher 2 now, and boy it is an awesome game.  in fact it is better second time around, since one third of the experience is new, and i don't have to painfully learn the combat mechanics, like the first time around...

witcher 3 is going to be awesome! 

however, i wonder if it is worth playing witcher 1?   i am interested in the story, but i feel like the gameplay might not be as polished

(plus the dates graphics...  i am playing witcher 2 with hi-res textures mod, and it is looking BLOODY AMAZING)

however, i wonder if it is worth playing witcher 1?   i am interested in the story, but i feel like the gameplay might not be as polished

yeah, I tried playing Witcher 1 but I just could not get used to the weird mechanics to the point of annoyance. I'm probably just going to go watch a youtube LP just to get the story portion of it

yeah, I tried playing Witcher 1 but I just could not get used to the weird mechanics to the point of annoyance. I'm probably just going to go watch a youtube LP just to get the story portion of it

that is an interesting idea, however, with games like witcher, even the quick playthrough is going to take many many hours, and i don't have a patience to sit and watch youtube for so long.  i might just have to read the plot ;)

• 4 weeks later...

After that cut-scene I ran to Steam to pre-order the game, only to find out that I already pre-ordered it.

Can't wait for it to be released already. Four months is too long of a wait :cry:

Get it from GOG too.

While I greatly dislike the idea or pre-ordering, I made the only exception for Witcher 3.

• Like 1

I'll get it on GOG when it's going to be on sale there, just to support the developer a bit more (already own previous games both on Steam and GOG). But on release, I just don't want to bother with the downloads from GOG. I just want to pre-load the game on Steam and click play when available. Don't want to bother with any stupid installers that come in parts that you have to download manually.