Redbox Instant Coming to Xbox 360 (Console Exclusive)

http://majornelson.com/2013/02/05/redbox-instant-coming-to-xbox-360-console-exclusive/

Today we?re happy to reveal that Redbox Instant by Verizon will be coming to Xbox 360 in the very near future. If you are currently a Redbox Instant beta participant, you?ll receive an email with a unique code to access the app on Xbox 360 in the coming days. Interested newcomers to the Redbox Instant beta can request entry into the beta by visiting www.RedboxInstant.com.

Xbox 360 is the exclusive gaming and entertainment console launch partner for Redbox Instant by Verizon. A Redbox Instant by Verizon subscription package, priced at $8 per month for DVD or $9 per month for Blu-ray, combines four one-night credits for the latest movie releases at Redbox kiosks with access to a great catalogue of popular movies available for unlimited streaming. Through the app, Xbox 360 movie fans can also purchase and rent the newest digital releases without needing a subscription. Redbox Instant by Verizon combines disc + subscription, purchase and rental viewing choices into a compelling destination so movie fans can always find a movie to enjoy.

Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to launch.

You forgot this part:

*Xbox LIVE Gold subscription and/or additional subscriptions/fees including a Redbox Instant by Verizon subscription may be required and sold separately. Kinect functionality available with select Xbox LIVE content and varies by feature and country. For additional details and availability, see http://www.xbox.com/live.

You forgot this part:

I didn't, I thought most people knew already and didn't want to spend time cleaning it up.

I didn't, I thought most people knew already and didn't want to spend time cleaning it up.

Sorry, it's just hard to get excited about these things when they're using the money they make off of Gold to reign in exclusives, then hiding them behind that same Gold paywall.

If gold is required for the nexbox, I won't be getting it. Tired of paying for gold now, barely play it online anyway, and every other benefit is found on the pc without the extra cost.

Can't wait for the app to be available. I will be more than happy to subscribe for $7.99/month to stream and also to get 4 DVDs to rent. Have no plans on dropping Netflix or Amazon Video. Also $35 for a whole year of Xbox Live is pretty cheap (and I only play 1 Multiplayer game online).

Now why would people want this on a xbox360 when they got access to Netflix for $8/month?

I'm guessing this service offers newer stuff than netflix.

Gold will be a part of the next Xbox, that should be a given. We don't know what changes will come with it though I think gold members will get even more features on the new Xbox that will make it even more worth getting.

Gold will be a part of the next Xbox, that should be a given. We don't know what changes will come with it though I think gold members will get even more features on the new Xbox that will make it even more worth getting.

or stuff like Spartan Ops.