Former LAPD officer goes over the edge

i meant where does it says that the 'burn the house down' part was way before it actually burned? On the recordings, we hear a deputy having a clear view into the cabin, close enough to see blood splatter (meaning dorner was hit) right after that the order was given to burn the place.

I do not know, you will have to get a event by event history of what happened. I believe that the Sheriff in charge of this would not have intentionally order the Cabin burned. I unlike most of the posters here am on the side of Law and Order, and not on the side of a Killer that deserved what he got. Not saying that you are one of these but if you sift through this entire thread you can see it.

I do not know, you will have to get a event by event history of what happened. I believe that the Sheriff in charge of this would not have intentionally order the Cabin burned. I unlike most of the posters here am on the side of Law and Order, and not on the side of a Killer that deserved what he got. Not saying that you are one of these but if you sift through this entire thread you can see it.

So you just made that up? I don't get it.

Listening to the scanner recordings, you can also hear them discussing mattresses and bin bags leaning against one of the walls, just before they shout "burner deployed we have flames"

They purposely set that fire, its obvious to anyone, the reply to the comment "we have flames" was also obvious that is what they were aiming to achieve, there was no surprise or alarm about the flames, it was 100% acknowledgement that their plan had worked

Also just before talking about the burner and flames, the cop is obviously talking secretly to his colleague as he says "You know, what we talked about earlier" instead of saying over the air what the plan was

Gary7 is an ex-cop so of course he is going to look after his own, this can't possibly be evidence of police brutality, they'd never do anything liek that.........oh wait......

I am an ex cop that was in Washington DC and nowhere near the LAPD. I would say that all of those cops that beat Rodney King should have been fired. FYI, I got out of Law Enforcement in 1970 and went on to other things.

So you just made that up? I don't get it.

No I did not make anything up you did read the link I posted?

http://www.foxnews.c...ugitive-ex-cop/

California authorities believe the manhunt for the revenge-seeking ex-cop ended Tuesday after the suspect engaged in a deadly shootout with police before the vacation cabin he occupied erupted in flames.

Christopher Dorner, the suspect in four killings who had been on the run for six days, never emerged from the ruins, but hours later a charred body was found inside a cabin. An official briefed on the investigation tells The Associated Press that a wallet with a California driver's license with the name Christopher Dorner has been found in the burned rubble of a cabin.

Speculations had been mounting over whether police had purposely started a fire to smoke out the suspect, but San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon told reporters Wednesday his deputies did not intentionally burn down the mountain.

McMahon said deputies shot pyrotechnic tear gas into the cabin and it erupted in flames. He says the tactic was intended to drive Dorner out, but it was not their intention to set the cabin on fire. McMahon did not say directly that the tear gas started the blaze and the cause of the fire remained unclear.

"We have reason to believe that it is him," San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Cynthia Bachman said. The LAPD said it would not consider the manhunt completed until the remains are identified.

McMahon said authorities were working to identify the remains, but had not done so yet. The condition of the body is unclear.

The search ended when a man believed to be Dorner bolted from hiding, stole two cars, barricaded himself in a vacant cabin and took part in a shootout in which he killed one sheriff's deputy and wounded another.

Game wardens from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife who were part of the search detail spotted the purple Nissan Tuesday that had been reported stolen going in the opposite direction and gave chase, department spokesman Lt. Patrick Foy said. The driver looked like Dorner.

They lost the purple car after it passed a school bus and turned onto a side road, but two other Fish and Wildlife patrols turned up that road a short time later, and were searching for the car when a white pickup truck sped erratically toward the wardens.

"He took a close look at the driver and realized it was the suspect," Foy said.

I wouldn't trust any of the media sites, news reporters, they had us believe his body had been found and IDd and removed from the cabin while it was still on fire, which we found out later that night was BS

I believe what I hear with my own ears from the recordings on youtube, not the statements the cops give to the press to try and worm their way out of sh*t

I wouldn't trust any of the media sites, news reporters, they had us believe his body had been found and IDd and removed from the cabin while it was still on fire, which we found out later that night was BS

I believe what I hear with my own ears from the recordings on youtube, not the statements the cops give to the press to try and worm their way out of sh*t

But you cannot determine who was talking? It could have been anyone, a bystander. I would doubt that the Sheriff would have ordered the cabin burned, risking a forest fire with The FBI onsite. It is not logical.

But you cannot determine who was talking? It could have been anyone, a bystander. I would doubt that the Sheriff would have ordered the cabin burned, risking a forest fire with The FBI onsite. It is not logical.

It was the police scanner recordings, recorded directly from their radios not a microphone near the scene

Here they are, listen all the way through

No I did not make anything up you did read the link I posted?

http://www.foxnews.c...ugitive-ex-cop/

Ya, but that was not my question. I asked you were you got the notion that what was recorded happened way before the fire started. You said you didn' know and that I would have to get the timeline myself however you were the one who stated it. So again, did you just make that up?

The fire was started when deputies shot pyrotechnic tear gas into the cabin. That recording was way before the fire started. Maybe this should be considered being carried on in the It's a Conspiracy Section" Regardless of how the fire started , if Dorner came out without a weapon he would be alive today. He took the cowards way out and shot himself. This guy killed how many people? He had 50 names in his manifesto.

Ya, but that was not my question. I asked you were you got the notion that what was recorded happened way before the fire started. You said you didn' know and that I would have to get the timeline myself however you were the one who stated it. So again, did you just make that up?

Ok, it was posted by another member, search through the thread and you will find it.

@Detection. OK I listened to the entire vdeo/audio recording. It appears that the video was just a slide show as it was not in synch with what the audio was saying. If that is in fact an actual police scanner recording, then I would have to then agree that the fire was intentionally set. But why would The Sheriff lie to the media when he knew that the whole world was watching? It seems that I was wrong then.

@Detection. OK I listened to the entire vdeo/audio recording. It appears that the video was just a slide show as it was not in synch with what the audio was saying. If that is in fact an actual police scanner recording, then I would have to then agree that the fire was intentionally set. But why would The Sheriff lie to the media when he knew that the whole world was watching? It seems that I was wrong then.

I think the images on the video were not supposed to sync with the recordings, just something to set the atmosphere and give an idea of the scene while listening to what was happening

But yea I agree, it is damning evidence in my eyes that they purposely set that fire from that recording alone, as is is one continuous stream from leading up to the fire > starting of the fire > and after the final shot when he killed himself

It's not "logical" for police to shoot at a vehicle of a different make, model and colour either, yet they did that without any attempt to verify who was in the vehicle. Unlike most conspiracy theories there is actually evidence to support the notion that police deliberately burned down the cabin; it's far from proof but it certainly warrants further investigation. As we see nearly every way, US policing and "logic" rarely go together.

It's not "logical" for police to shoot at a vehicle of a different make, model and colour either, yet they did that without any attempt to verify who was in the vehicle. Unlike most conspiracy theories there is actually evidence to support the notion that police deliberately burned down the cabin; it's far from proof but it certainly warrants further investigation. As we see nearly every way, US policing and "logic" rarely go together.

This case has nothing to do with US Federal Policy. The LAPD should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI. ( The Rodney King Thing) Dorner may have had a valid point but just as the Letter Bomber went about it in a very very wrong way.

This by CNN. the mentality was to just burn the cabin down

http://youtu.be/gAAbylq0Isk

OK, how would have you handle this case. Just standby and do nothing? I just don't get why the Sheriff would lie. In this video it said that Dorner has gas bombs, so maybe one of his set it on fire, At this point everything is speculation. We will get at the truth in a day or two. I believe that The LAPD should be investigated as well as the Sheriff's department if this is in fact true. I do now believe that the evidence presented seems to confirm that.

This case has nothing to do with US Federal Policy. The LAPD should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI. ( The Rodney King Thing) Dorner may have had a valid point but just as the Letter Bomber went about it in a very very wrong way.

The issues with US policing are in no way confined to the LAPD. Every week there's a new story about extreme abuses being committed by US police officers and that's without even considering the stories that barely make the news, like suspects being shot dead. There just isn't any accountability and it leads to ridiculous situations like this, where police think it's appropriate to burn down a building with somebody inside - if that's what they do on national TV then imagine what they get up to when there are no cameras about. You don't see the same thing happening in other countries, even when you factor in the population difference.

The issues with US policing are in no way confined to the LAPD. Every week there's a new story about extreme abuses being committed by US police officers and that's without even considering the stories that barely make the news, like suspects being shot dead. There just isn't any accountability and it leads to ridiculous situations like this, where police think it's appropriate to burn down a building with somebody inside - if that's what they do on national TV then imagine what they get up to when there are no cameras about. You don't see the same thing happening in other countries, even when you factor in the population difference.

You may want to stay on topic. So then you are oblivious to what went on in Libya, Egypt, Syria .

I think the way everything went down that day/night absolutely strengthens and completely confirms and backs up the exact message he wanted to put across as to how the cops behave by going on this rampage in the first place.

Kinda ironic in a way that he died in the same manor as to what he was fired for reporting in the first place

I think the way everything went down that day/night absolutely strengthens and completely confirms and backs up the exact message he wanted to put across as to how the cops behave by going on this rampage in the first place.

Kinda ironic in a way that he died in the same manor as to what he was fired for reporting in the first place

He was fired for doctoring a report he made against a Female Sergeant. So they say. He may have well indeed been wronged but to do what he did was just not right.

He was fired for doctoring a report he made against a Female Sergeant. So they say. He may have well indeed been wronged but to do what he did was just not right.

I thought he was fired for reporting his colleagues for kicking a guy in the face and chest ?

And agreed, I don't condone his actions at all, just think the cops proved him right

I thought he was fired for reporting his colleagues for kicking a guy in the face and chest ?

And agreed, I don't condone his actions at all, just think the cops proved him right

No it was his Sergeant that did the kicking. Like I said the entire LAPD needs to be investigated.

No it was his Sergeant that did the kicking. Like I said the entire LAPD needs to be investigated.

Well, his aim out of all this might actually happen with any luck, although using weapons such as social media / internet in general and other very public methods to expose things would have been a better option

@3:45

Reporter: Sheriff, there's lots of questions about how the fire started at the cabin. Was that on purpose by the sheriffs department to set it ablaze? Was that something that happened as a result of the tear gas that was fired in there? Can you explain how that transpired, what happened?

Sheriff: I can tell you that it was not on purpose. We did not intentionally burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner out. The tear gas canisters that we used; First off we used a presence? when we showed up, secondly we used a cold tear gas. Then we used the next tear gas was that, that was pyrotechnic. Does generate a lot of heat. We introduced those canisters into the residence and a fire erupted.

Reporter: There was some chatter that was caught, I guess, on the scanners and everything about a burner and I don't know what that is. Can you explain what a burner is?

Sheriff: The pyrotechnic type canisters are commonly referred to as burners.

Well, they planned to use 'burners' for this eventuality, which was revealed through the recordings and usage was verified by Sheriff. We know that some of the officers got really excited and verbally stated their desire or issued a command to, 'burn it down.' The cabin has burned down. Sheriff uses plausible deniability.