Non IRC group chat options...prefer trillian options if possible

Question

Currently my company uses trillian IRC chat for group chatting, though it's not very stable. We like it cause the chat room is small stand alone window that doesn't require a web browser and can be placed in the corner of the monitor, easy to log into (for some of these guys tech is greek to them), free (trying to keep costs down) and lastly its our own chat room (we can kick out lurkers that pop in). Lately we have been having some issues with connectivity where some guys haven't been able to connect. I wasn't sure if there was another option in trillian that would be just as easy but more reliable. It would be helpful if we didnt have to use another program, we also use AIM/ICQ for IM as well.

I really need to find a chat room that is similar if trillian isn't an option. It also needs to be something that doesn't require inviting people each time they get online. Something that auto joins is a must.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I thought Trillian had group chat functions as part of their Astra service? I could be wrong...

If they do Im not sure how to access it. I tried jabber but when I tried to join in to a room from another pc, the room wouldnt work, it only let the first person creating it join it.

If they do Im not sure how to access it. I tried jabber but when I tried to join in to a room from another pc, the room wouldnt work, it only let the first person creating it join it.

I think he's talking about the actual trillian protocol. Since astra trillian has its own chat service, it uses the same account that you use when you initially log into trillian. If you go to "manage accounts" it should be the first account (the one that says "via trillian". I've never used this for chatting myself so I'm not sure what features it supports.