Sorry kids, I'm giving away my millions

Not really, maybe it's just me but when I have children I'll do everything I can to help them and leave everything to them (debts no doubt my case) but he's like blanking them out and for me I'd hate him, yes he's paying for education etc but these days you can be the best of the best education wise and still not get a job, and giving all his money to the education system which is no doubt going to make a very fat man even more fatter cos they'll spend it all before it even goes into the system.

It's like people who give all their money to charities it's wasted money, we've been giving billions to charities and they're in exactly the same situation, it's because charities and the like are businesses and the managers take all the money as bonus first

He doesn't want them to become corrupted by Money. Someone in his position has probably seen money do horrible things to good people. There's a good chance he never wants that to happen to his kids.

He's setting up his kids to become self sufficient. He;s paying for all their education and setting them up to make it on their own instead of becoming spoilt young brats who expect everything to be given to them.

Terrible. Yes, it's up to the kids to make a living themselves... but if I had millions to give it certainly wouldn't be to random people. Sounds like the parents didn't get along with their kids. Teaching them a "lesson" is the only thing going on here. Money is poison, but it's just how society is... and doing this to your kids, when you know they could have a safe future with it, then throwing it all away is just ridiculous.

Not really, maybe it's just me but when I have children I'll do everything I can to help them and leave everything to them (debts no doubt my case) but he's like blanking them out and for me I'd hate him, yes he's paying for education etc but these days you can be the best of the best education wise and still not get a job, and giving all his money to the education system which is no doubt going to make a very fat man even more fatter cos they'll spend it all before it even goes into the system.

It's like people who give all their money to charities it's wasted money, we've been giving billions to charities and they're in exactly the same situation, it's because charities and the like are businesses and the managers take all the money as bonus first

What a selfish attitude. Besides being born, what would you have done to deserve that money? "Hey dad, thanks for raising me and putting me through school, but screw you to hell for giving your money to people less fortunate than I am."

Glad not everyone in the world thinks like you. :)

Terrible. Yes, it's up to the kids to make a living themselves... but if I had millions to give it certainly wouldn't be to random people. Sounds like the parents didn't get along with their kids. Teaching them a "lesson" is the only thing going on here. Money is poison, but it's just how society is... and doing this to your kids, when you know they could have a safe future with it, then throwing it all away is just ridiculous.

Well one its not exactly random people. It gets put into a scholarship fund for kids that excel at what they do.

His kids will have all their education paid for and will be set up / giving everything they need to succeed. That's a lot better than going here's 100 million kids, do what you want with it.

If you want proof that just giving your kids a lot of money tends to spoil them just look at the amount of trust fund kids in America and see what they've done with their lives. My wife's grandparents have a trust fund set up for their grand kids, its not a massive amount of money (nowhere near six figures) but it's enough to live comfortably. In addition to that all their education, including university, is paid for. Most of the grandkids have done nothing with their lives, some haven't even bothered to go to college even though it's free. Why? Because they've gottten money handed to them without having to do anything. That's exactly what this guy (and others like Bill Gates) are trying to avoid with their kids.

People are individuals -- not all are spoiled by money.

I wouldn't shower kids with money, but I also wouldn't just kick them out the door at 18, and tell them they are entirely on their own.

"Generally speaking, if you look at the people in Australia that have got huge amounts of wealth, without naming any, they generally have not put the majority of their wealth behind strong philanthropic causes," he said.

"And unfortunately in some cases they pass the wealth down to later generations who have behaved badly.

This.

People are individuals -- not all are spoiled by money.

I wouldn't shower kids with money, but I also wouldn't just kick them out the door at 18, and tell them they are entirely on their own.

Where are people getting that he's kicking out his kids and not giving them a cent from?

It clearly says in the article that his kids education will all be paid for and they will be set up for a good life. He just isn't giving his kids millions of dollars and letting them do w/e they want with it.

It's their money to do what they want with it, but there are ways to limit their kids from having all that money which they seem to fear will spoil them without giving it all away.