Surface doomed?

man...I hate this argument. there is a start menu, it's just now it takes up the whole screen. I know this wasn't what you were saying, just hate hearing it continuously.

I think you're missing his point. Dot Matrix loves Windows 8 and the Start Screen on all environments. Warwagon is saying that the lack of a start menu on a tablet has no bearing on it's usability. In fact, the Start Screen works perfectly in a tablet environment. On a desktop, however...well, we're digressing from the subject.

I think you're missing his point. Dot Matrix loves Windows 8 and the Start Screen on all environments. Warwagon is saying that the lack of a start menu on a tablet has no bearing on it's usability. In fact, the Start Screen works perfectly in a tablet environment. On a desktop, however...well, we're digressing from the subject.

No I got the point and I agree completely, as I said I knew it wasn't what he was trying to say. just tired of hearing that line.

I think it works ok on a desktop setup too, the translation from a touch environment to a mouse and keyboard works quite well.

I think it works ok on a desktop setup too, the translation from a touch environment to a mouse and keyboard works quite well.

You are entitled to your opinion even though I disagree.

• Like 2

No surprise there - the geeks in your company want to get a free surface pro to play with.

Next big "no" surprise, they will find it is no benefit in the enterprise and won't be considered for deployment.

You speak as one who has no idea about enterprise or its needs. Just by the very fact that the Surface Pro can be joined to a domain, it kicks the iPad's ass up and down enterprise space. But with a comment like that one, I bet you don't even know what that means.