BBC America's "Orphan Black"

Sarah has always lived the life of an orphan outsider. But a clone is never alone.

Sarah hopes that cleaning out a dead woman?s bank account will solve all her problems. Instead, her problems multiply ? and so does she. Experience a whole new side of BBC AMERICA with the channel?s next original scripted series, ?Orphan Black,? the exciting and ambitious new addition to the Supernatural Saturday programming block. ?Orphan Black? features rising star Tatiana Maslany (?Cas & Dylan,? ?Picture Day?) in the lead role of Sarah, an outsider and orphan whose life changes dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman who looks just like her. Sarah assumes her identity, her boyfriend and her bank account. But instead of solving her problems, the street smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. She makes the dizzying discovery that she and the dead woman are clones? but are they the only ones? Sarah quickly finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly conspiracy and must race to find answers about who she is and how many others there are just like her. Orphan Black premieres Saturday, March 30, 9:00pm ET/PT, as part of BBC AMERICA?s Supernatural Saturday.

This suspenseful, sexy thriller also stars Jordan Gavaris (?Degrassi?), Dylan Bruce (?As The World Turns?) and Maria Doyle Kennedy (?Downton Abbey?). Orphan Black is executive produced by Ivan Schneeberg and David Fortier (?Being Erica?), Graeme Manson (?Flashpoint?), and John Fawcett (?Spartacus?). The drama is co-created by Manson and Fawcett, with Manson also serving as writer and Fawcett as director.

pj1bkaal.jpg

(http://www.bbcamerica.com/orphan-black/about-the-show/)

• 1 month later...

Me too. I think this series holds a lot of promise. It's different anyway.

Yeah the lead girl is very cute as well, surprised BBC showed what they did as well :rofl:

I wonder if this will hit iTunes.

I need some more British programmes. Waiting for next season of Sherlock and Downton. Merlin is over :(

I should start Doctor Who, I suppose! :D

Yeah the lead girl is very cute as well, surprised BBC showed what they did as well :rofl:

It's actually a Canadian show... And damn is she... well... damn...

I thought I recognised parts of it

I wonder if this will hit iTunes.

I need some more British programmes. Waiting for next season of Sherlock and Downton. Merlin is over :(

I should start Doctor Who, I suppose! :D

That's a good thing you are keeping those Pirates at Bay by using itunes. :rofl:

My wife and I were trying to figure out what city this was supposed to be in given all the different accents. Canada makes sense now.

She has an Alberta drivers license in one of the previews but its filled in Toronto. Actually the train scene is shot an torontos union station. Lol

And that's clearly a go transit train that hits her

Pretty much.

i remembered watching her on YTV when I was a wee little lad lol

i remembered watching her on YTV when I was a wee little lad lol

She's certainly a nice looking gal and so her "sisters" :shifty:

• Like 1

think im gonna let a few episodes build up for this, too many other series to watch at the moment.

Its very difficult to judge a series from the first pilot.

Theres an occasional series that you know will be instantly good, but there few and far between.

Some of my most favourite series took 2/3 episodes to get into.

BBC America has renewed its original science-fiction series Orphan Black for a second season of 10 episodes, slated to air in 2014.

Created by Graeme Manson (Flashpoint) and John Fawcett (Spartacus), Orphan Black follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah. After witnessing a woman?s suicide, Sarah assumes the strangers identity ? who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman?s savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth: that she and the dead woman are clones. As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there: genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she?ll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one. The series is produced by Temple Street Productions in association with BBC America and Space and stars Tatiana Maslany, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Dylan Bruce, Jordan Gavaris, Kevin Hanchard, Michael Mando, Elizabeth Saunders and Ron Lea.

Speaking of the renewal, Perry Simon, General Manager of BBC Worldwide America said: ?Tatiana Maslany has delivered one of the year?s standout performances. We?re excited to commission a second season from the talented team of Graeme, John and Temple Street Productions, and we can?t wait to see who Tatiana shows up as in season two.?

While Executive Producers David Fortier and Ivan Schneeberg added: ?We?re delighted with the second season order for Orphan Black and want to thank everyone at BBC America, BBC Worldwide and Space for their support and commitment to our show. We?re thrilled to continue this journey with such a strong team and fantastic cast, led by the ridiculously talented Tatiana Maslany. A huge thanks to the fans for their steadfast support of the show. We?re looking forward to giving every one of them more Orphan Black.?

Currently my favorite new original series on TV actually, and it does not hurt that the lead actress is quite good looking indeed!