"ignore" feature doesn't ignore so much

The "ignore" feature hides a member's posts in forum threads. That's good, but it doesn't prevent his threads from showing under the "Forum" pulldown nor on the forum page, and I still get a notification when someone that I ignore replies to one my posts. Could the feature be extended to cover these cases as well?

We won't be changing anything until after the 3.4 upgrade. So you might have to put up with this for another month or so.

vader.jpg

I too would like the ignore feature improved. It could be easier to add someone to your "ignore" list too

It is not all that hard just use the dropdown on your user name and it's the condensed choice.

Just to add to this.

If you subscribe to a thread notification via email you still get informed about ignored user's replies. I guess this isn't an easy 'fix' but yes it's something IPB should be working on.

My 2 cents, the ignored members posts are still shown when someone quotes them too

I'd like to see an option for ignoring specific threads too if that was possible

SK[' timestamp=1360691242' post='595517314]

Just to add to this.

If you subscribe to a thread notification via email you still get informed about ignored user's replies. I guess this isn't an easy 'fix' but yes it's something IPB should be working on.

has anyone made the suggestions to IPS and what they say?

has anyone made the suggestions to IPS and what they say?

Anyone? I don't know what anyone else has done. Personally though, no. I actually don't like IPB, although these day's there isn't a decent competitor after Internet Brands took vBulletin for a cash cow.

Just to add, if you post a comment and a person on your ignore list posts before you then their comment will show up unblocked. And I agree that it should be easier to add people to the ignore list, ideally as an option when you hover over somebody's username.

Just to add, if you post a comment and a person on your ignore list posts before you then their comment will show up unblocked. And I agree that it should be easier to add people to the ignore list, ideally as an option when you hover over somebody's username.

This is not true if you use the script I proved.

Even if you choose to block a user. It never really blocks them. They still show up in the thread, it just collapses what they say. You can still drop down and see what they said. Which is great for me, because while a lot of people probably block me, they still see my name. Thus they can't resist dropping it down and seeing what I said even though I'm technically "blocked"

When I think of blocked or ignored I think of not even showing up.

Even if you choose to block a user. It never really blocks them. They still show up in the thread, it just collapses what they say. You can still drop down and see what they said. Which is great for me, because while a lot of people probably block me, they still see my name. Thus they can't resist dropping it down and seeing what I said even though I'm technically "blocked"

Posted Image

This is a factual statement when that script is used.

I really do not like to repeat my self but the script I used blocks the user 100% there is no way to view the ignored post unless you go into your CP and take the user off the ignore list.

http://userstyles.or...ed-neowin-posts

Personally I like the way you're informed if somebody on your ignore list replies to a comment you made, as I often check them and report any personal attacks to moderators. The way I see it the ignore list is more of a reminder to me not to respond to such people.

This is a factual statement when that script is used.

I really do not like to repeat my self but the script I used blocks the user 100% there is no way to view the ignored post unless you go into your CP and take the user off the ignore list.

http://userstyles.or...ed-neowin-posts

Not according to the test I just did - could still click to view the post.

Can the people we dont like just get banned? :p

I think some of them should be. Most of the people on my ignore list are there because they repeatedly resort to personal attacks, they follow me from topic to topic just to insult me and are incredibly rude and offensive. I don't add people to my ignore list simply because I disagree with them, as I don't want to shelter myself from opinions I disagree with - I like my opinions and beliefs to be challenged.