Is NVIDIA going to release new GPUS in 2013?

Even if I had the money to spare for an expensive graphics card, I still wouldn't buy it. I'd rather put more money into a better CPU, motherboard, and accessories (keyboard, mouse, and headset). What I'm hoping for is better performance at a cheaper price.

What we'll see in Q4 2013 are merely refreshes of current NVIDIA and AMD video cards. The real heavy-hitters won't be out until 2015 (Maxwell for NVIDIA and Volcanic Islands for AMD). That doesn't mean you should wait until those cards are released though. The upcoming cards from both companies will be good enough for most people. And chances are we won't see any next-gen cards until the end of 2015.

I've seen sources usually quote 2014 as the release date for Volcanic Isles and Maxwell. I would assume expectations and requirements to raise quickly with the introduction of the next-gen consoles; the PC gaming landscape has been relatively uncontested tech-wise for the last couple of years, but this is about to end. As such I would be surprised to see no significant improvements in GPUs in 2014.

I've seen sources usually quote 2014 as the release date for Volcanic Isles and Maxwell. I would assume expectations and requirements to raise quickly with the introduction of the next-gen consoles; the PC gaming landscape has been relatively uncontested tech-wise for the last couple of years, but this is about to end. As such I would be surprised to see no significant improvements in GPUs in 2014.

I meant 2014, not 2015. :wacko:

But you're right. After the next-gen consoles are released, we're going to see a jump in graphics quality with engines like Epic's Unreal Engine 4 and Square Enix's Luminous Engine.