Do you still wear a watch?

Do you still wear a watch?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still wear a watch?

• Yes. Daily. I'd feel naked without it!
    • No. I'm always looking at my phone/tablet anyway.
    • I do have a watch, but won't replace it when it breaks/lost/battery dies.
    • Other (Pocket watch, portable sun dial, psychic ability which allows you to tell time)

I wear this watch everyday as to remind me when I'm frustrated at a problem/scenario that I have yet to overcome in IT - it's a reminder that everything is fixable - no matter how complex or simple the issue is.

photoppq.jpg

I stopped wearing watches quite a while ago as well. I have my phone on me and there's always a clock on the wall when it's hard to get to my phone. I'm excruciatingly picky about my watches (Can rarely find one I like) and I was constantly breaking them. So eventually, I just decided it wasn't worth it.

Can't keep pulling my phone out of the pcoket everytime I need to check the...time. Or reaching over for the phone if it's on the table, either.

Just a glance at your wrist, and you're up to date with the latest...time.

• 3 weeks later...

don't own a watch to wear. I don't like to keep track of time so closely, if I have somewhere i need to be I will set an alarm on my phone to warn me but that is as close as it gets to looking at the time as i get.

When I was a kid, I always wore a watch, but after a while the bands kept breaking, so I just kept the watch, bandless, in my pocket. About half way through high school, I got a phone, and that replaced the watch in my pocket. I'd like to start getting into wearing watches again, but I just don't even know where to start looking. I'm torn between a geeky digital watch or a classy analog watch.

I have a Timex "Iron Man" watch that I bought in Basic Training. It cost $35, kept perfect time for about 3 years until the battery died. I just put a fresh battery in it and will continue to wear it until it breaks. It literally followed me from Fort Jackson, SC to Georgia, to Washington state, then to Kuwait and Iraq, and back to Washington, and now to Kentucky. After surviving all that, even though it's kind of a cheap watch, it has a sort of sentimental value to me.

I Used to, but then I got a job as a telecoms engineer and stopped wearing them as they often got in the way when having to work on distribution blocks

Also I tended to like the ones with metal bands which weren't allowed in-case you got a spurious voltage off the line same with rings.etc

Now I don't wear one because I work at a computer a lot and I find it gets in they way when typing.

watches are always good looking (except for those colorful ones, stay away from that ones lol)

Other - Because this poll doesn't have an option that describes why I wear a watch. To put it simple, I wear a watch when I need to look decent; going to work, going out to a nice dinner, etc......if I'm just sitting around the house or running out to the store I don't generally wear a watch.

Guys, a watch is part of your wardrobe, it's an expression of who you are - and lets remember that when a woman meets you for the first time they always look at your watch and shoes. So do I wear a watch, absolutely yes everyday - in fact I have many watches for different occasions, but my everyday watch is still my Omega Speedmaster.

post-328294-0-64679100-1362937537.png

• Like 1

I always wear a watch since I'm not meant to have my phone out in school (but that's only if you're caught...). It's a pretty normal silver Casio watch and I haven't had problems with it in the years I've used it, though it's showing signs of age now. I'll likely change watches some time in the future, but I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. Maybe something like a Timex Weekender or an Easy Reader, since they're fairly plain.

My HTC One X is quite big and I would have to stand up at work in order to take it out of my pocket and look at it. My workplace does not allow the use of phones in the office so it has to be hidden away.

I cant wait for the next generation of watches that communicate with my phone and tell me when I have texts and calls.

My HTC One X is quite big and I would have to stand up at work in order to take it out of my pocket and look at it. My workplace does not allow the use of phones in the office so it has to be hidden away.

I cant wait for the next generation of watches that communicate with my phone and tell me when I have texts and calls.

There are some watches like that are available now... look up...

Have worn watches frequently since... kindergarten? :| Order of watches was:

cheap white analog watch

Some Timex sport watch that parents scooped up as a lost and found item - got it around grade 1

A yellow and black Casio sport watch. It's sitting somewhere in storage. Got it in grade 5 and survived until the start of university. The band broke off early.

Casio AQ-160 with a flimsy resin band. Start of first year up until now.

And now it's the Pebble. ;)

post-99705-0-48433600-1363536797.jpg

And now it's the Pebble. ;)

Nice! How are you finding it? Has it rocked your time-checking world?

• Like 1

Nice! How are you finding it? Has it rocked your time-checking world?

It's quite good actually, with a couple of quibbles about it. I did a small review over here: http://futureblue.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/a-review-of-the-pebble-smartwatch

Though since writing that I found fixes to two bugs (don't keep the Pebble app running to fix battery drain, and install a jailbreak tweak to fix iOS's notifications over Bluetooth).

Real world impressions wise, reactions from friends are that they're initally confused by what the Pebble is, then I get them to send me a text to show off an example of notifications. They all think the watch is cool (some friends initially thought it was an iPod on my wrist. Dammit Apple!)... until I mention how much it costs :p

• Like 1