Do you still wear a watch?

Do you still wear a watch?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still wear a watch?

• Yes. Daily. I'd feel naked without it!
    • No. I'm always looking at my phone/tablet anyway.
    • I do have a watch, but won't replace it when it breaks/lost/battery dies.
    • Other (Pocket watch, portable sun dial, psychic ability which allows you to tell time)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why - Yes! Yes I do have a watch and wear it every day 24/7/365. I would feel naked without it and am frankly lost without it time wise. I too have a cell phone and of course can look at that for the time, but since my watch is set by Atomic time, I trust that more than my cell phone which relies on the tower(s) it is connected to for their time which may or may not be atomic set as well. :)

Never wore a watch since HS.

My newest is on the left, and the one I usually wear. I've gone back to the one next to it recently though. Two of my watches have gone missing, I don't know if I blame me or not yet...

Anyway, in my $15 eBay watch box.

1367884154.jpg

I've started wearing mine again recently. For some reason, I never seem to throughout the winter months. I still tend to look at my phone out of habit. However, I only wear it until I leave for work (I work afternoons) as it would get ruined there. So I voted Other.

I've never worn one. I don't like having something on my wrist. I don't use a phone or anything either though, I just don't care what time it is.

Yes, but typically only Mon-Fri or when I go out on the weekends. From a business dress point of view, it looks naked without a nice watch on you wrist. But I can understand if you are one to have to wear suits, etc.

I wear my Casio watch every day and I like its small size (thinness). Not sure I would get an iWatch or some smartwatch due to their bulkiness.

Up until Friday my answer would have been 'No.' I blame having too much time in the duty-free area of Dublin airport for purchasing one spontaneously.

• 3 weeks later...

Up until Friday my answer would have been 'No.' I blame having too much time in the duty-free area of Dublin airport for purchasing one spontaneously.

have a pic?

Growing up, from probably like 7 or 8, I always had a watch. In the 80's and early 90's it was one of the cool gadgets to have, like a Walkman. A watch didn't just tell you the time, but had other functions too, like dates, stopwatch, (and the big ugly calculator watches), depth meters for diving, compasses, etc.

About the time that I started to carry a pager, I quit wearing watches. I like not having a large bracelet on my arm, and even the cheapest phones come with one.

I also have grown to feel like; if you can't take the time to get your phone out to look at the time, you've got a problem with time, man.

Nope. I have worn a watch for more than twenty years; however, recently have stopped bothering. There are thousands of dollars in watches just sitting in a drawer. I might put one on to dress up a bit, but cannot imagine it now for everyday use. The thing that puzzles me here, if this really is the trend (not wearing a watch because our phones give us the time and more), is why would Apple be creating an iWatch?

Yep - I wear one. Specifically went out and bought one when I started an office job. Just compliments the shirt/trousers combo I think.

Same as. It doesn't quite count as jewellery, but at the same time it gives a professional finish to an outfit.

I don't see my mobile as a replacement for a watch because a) I don't always have in with me b) it might be rude to pull out a mobile c) it looks good d) it's an old habit.

I'm not sure if it's a generation thing, and kids today don't even want a watch, but a mobile would lose in a speed test for time / date / stop watch easily.

I've only wore a watch for the past 5 years or so. I do still use my phone to check the time sometimes, but that's only if I already have it out, or have taken the watch off while at home or something.

I don't see my mobile as a replacement for a watch because a) I don't always have in with me b) it might be rude to pull out a mobile c) it looks good d) it's an old habit.

Yeah. I get told off for getting my phone out of my pocket to look at the time if I'm having dinner with family for example. A watch is far more acceptable.

• 8 months later...

Even with 2 cell phones, a tablet and pretty much constantly being close to a computer, I feel like I need my watch otherwise I feel like I'm missing something. Kinda like in the morning before I put on my glasses or contacts, something's missing and I don't feel right until I have it on. I do take it off when I go to bed though.

My Wife got me one for Xmas and everytime I put it on it doesn't feel right or I catch it on stuff because im not used to it :( so no I don't wear one even though I'd like to