just Ordered the Zombie U deluxe set

Actually not a bad price. Do you get Nintendo Land with it or have they replaced NL with ZU?

He'll want another game in either case, NL is very limited fun, and ZU.. eh it's severely held back by it's insistence on forcing you to use the gamepad in the most awkward ways possible.

Hope you also ordered NSMBU with it and probablyt some f the other AAA games or you'll soon find yourself with very little to do on it.

Actually not a bad price. Do you get Nintendo Land with it or have they replaced NL with ZU?

comes with the digital copy of Nintendo Land instead of disc version. so you are getting Zombie U and the pro controller for $40 .. good deal.

ZombiU is not held back by the GamePad, in fact that it is the exact opposite. Enjoy!

no it really is held back by it it makes the whole gae experience clumsy and disconnected.

all the stuff you see on the gamepad screen, I would much rather have see on the screen. I would also rather have used my sticks to control the stupid scanner instead of waving the giant pad about like an idiot. it's a cool game, but it gains nothing from the forced gamepad use.

that and the lack of any real progressions, some absolutely idiotic forced events that will cause you to die repeatedly because your base is being rushed and there's no way to win and the fact it tries to be a sandbox game but without being a sandbox instead a sandbox game with a linear path (:facepalm:) means it just gets overall frustrating and I rather pop in the Mario game or COD:BO both of which I can continue to play on the pad while the GF watches TV. Both give me far better use of the gamepad

I'm still waiting for a game to use the gamepad in a truly creative and interesting and innovative way that makes me want to use it, without making it seem like a forced gimmick or just another mirror screen game.

RayMan was close, but again, and as the now multiplatform release shows, it still didn't show something that couldn't be done just s well with a regular controller.

i dont have an issue with the GP and Zombie u i rather find it more immersivbe i have already let a couple others try it out and while it took a few moments to get used to it as it did for me they found it a different yet enjoyable experience

I'm still waiting for a game to use the gamepad in a truly creative and interesting and innovative way that makes me want to use it, without making it seem like a forced gimmick or just another mirror screen game.

RayMan was close, but again, and as the now multiplatform release shows, it still didn't show something that couldn't be done just s well with a regular controller.

companies always use the gimmick features when consoles are first released. it'll be a long time before the gamepad is used efficiently.

as for the original post - that seems like a helluva deal.

Oh i am enjoying it i payed $10 for 1 day shipping from Gamestop it is damn good system the only down side sofare is i purchased AC3 on the Eshop and have had nothing but trouble downloading it . so i siad screw it and bought Black ops 2 on disc and rented AC3 instead for now i am gonna call it bad server issues on nintendos end .

Ssystem is really good tho loving every minut of it besides the server issue for AC3 download beyond that love how good it performs in the other games and Zombie U

no it really is held back by it it makes the whole gae experience clumsy and disconnected.

all the stuff you see on the gamepad screen, I would much rather have see on the screen. I would also rather have used my sticks to control the stupid scanner instead of waving the giant pad about like an idiot. it's a cool game, but it gains nothing from the forced gamepad use.

that and the lack of any real progressions, some absolutely idiotic forced events that will cause you to die repeatedly because your base is being rushed and there's no way to win and the fact it tries to be a sandbox game but without being a sandbox instead a sandbox game with a linear path (:facepalm:) means it just gets overall frustrating and I rather pop in the Mario game or COD:BO both of which I can continue to play on the pad while the GF watches TV. Both give me far better use of the gamepad

It's a shame then that so many of us actually enjoyed ZombiU, and found the gameplay to make it a far more immersive experience :p You now, there are no unwinable situations in the game. The two "hard" parts, the base attack and the Arena? Done on my first try, and I didn't even know about them before hand. (Though I did run around like a headless chicken on the arena thinking I'd used all my ammo and trip mines... only to find loads more hidden on the sides).

Same with Nintendoland, just becuase you can't find fun withit, doesn't mean others can't spend a long time with it. I've just got to conquering Pikmin, and starting on the master Metroid levels. There's a surprising amount of gameplay in those single-player only events. Far more than any minigame collection, that's for sure. They could almost be their own ?10 downloadable titles each.

Oh i am enjoying it i payed $10 for 1 day shipping from Gamestop it is damn good system the only down side sofare is i purchased AC3 on the Eshop and have had nothing but trouble downloading it . so i siad screw it and bought Black ops 2 on disc and rented AC3 instead for now i am gonna call it bad server issues on nintendos end .

Ssystem is really good tho loving every minut of it besides the server issue for AC3 download beyond that love how good it performs in the other games and Zombie U

im curious to know what issue you had downloading AC3. i find that downloads on the system are very slow, in general. plus, you have almost no clue of the speed or transfer rate.

that being said, i did have an issue downloading something (dont remember). the download just stopped. zero progress. i had to cancel and redownload again.

I bought this bundled. I was angered to no end when in found out that the Wii-U doesn't have an optical out!! WTF Nintendo!

Also, connecting the Wii-U to wifi is the biggest PITA of all time. :angry:

/rant

Check out the demo for Rayman. I think I might go buy that...it's pretty fun.

i had no issue connecting mine to wifi ;)

What do you have for a router?

I tried for 2 days to get it connect to my Belkin. I was close to returning the Wii-U. I still can't get the damn thing to connect at 802.11N so downloads are sooooooooooooooooo.

Been a while since I connected mine, but I don't recall having any problems.

However, I would take that Belkin router and throw it as far as you can, then take your care and run over it several times.

Been a while since I connected mine, but I don't recall having any problems.

However, I would take that Belkin router and throw it as far as you can, then take your care and run over it several times.

lol I'm was wondering why it was on sale for so cheap at Costco.

What do you have for a router?

I tried for 2 days to get it connect to my Belkin. I was close to returning the Wii-U. I still can't get the damn thing to connect at 802.11N so downloads are sooooooooooooooooo.

were you trying to connect it to a 5GHz network? because it can only connect to 2.4GHz...

Just to chime in (and not rubbing it in by doing so), I also had no issues connecting to WiFi. With that said, I wound up using my Nyko NetConnect Ethernet Adapter from my Wii. Worked no issues at all, so my WiiU is hardwired. So if WiFi really continues to give you issues, you can use that if you have an extra hardwired connection.

Check out the demo for Rayman. I think I might go buy that...it's pretty fun.

I'm afraid you'll have some time to wait for that.

i love the wiiU hands down an amazing console give it time like every other nintendo console it gets better with time and the build quality of the console is top notch nintendo knows how to make consoles .

it may not be the Call of duty Geek player specs that the nerds want but it sure is nice and nintendo has Proven time and time again over the last 20 years specs do not mean anything.

if they did the 3DS wold not be the number 1 hand held console on the planet earth.

( http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/sonys-handheld-business-struggles-as-nintendo-3ds-outsells-ps-vita-47-to-1/ )

glad you like it :)