Clerks 3 now looks like it?s in the same boat. Smith originally considered doing Clerks 3 as a Broadway play before saying it would be his final film a few months back. Now he?s changed his idea of what the franchise could be.

Talking to the crew at What?s Trending, Smith admitted he isn?t quite sure exactly how Dante and Randal are first going to be resurrected The movie is still an option but he considered doing it as an online series and, more likely, will first distribute the story as an online book, released chapter by chapter. By doing it this way, Smith revealed fan opinion would most certainly begin to influence the way the story would go.

He then revealed the book (and maybe the film) would start with Dante and Randall meeting in kindergarden. Watch the video of Smith discussing this below.

Here?s how Smith described it above, if you aren?t into the whole video thing:

[With a book] I get to go inside the characters? heads, tell Year One origin stories where the first chapter is Dante and Randall meeting in kindergarten, all the stuff I can?t do in a movie. That?s what I want to do, because I?m a stoner. I want to investigate the inner life of every character, and I can?t do that in 90 minutes with a film.

He continues

I know people would go, ?Why would you want to [let the fans influence your work]? You?re an artist. Well, now I?m a new-media artist and the new-media artist involves the audience and that?s something I?ve been doing for nearly 20 years at this point anyway?.[A movie] would be the ultimate expression of Clerks 3. The money will always be there if I do it as a feature, but if I want to get real creative, I?d break it down (into smaller pieces) and do it online.

http://www.slashfilm...coming-a-movie/