Toy Story 4 Set For 2015?

toy-story-3-bonnie-600x340.png

Two Columbian news sources are reporting that Toy Story 4 has been made official with Pixar promising a 2015 release date and the return of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen and Joan Cusack.

The story has appeared on the news website Terra, as well as in the Twitter feed of Jorge Luis Balaguera, ?entertainment co-ordinator? for the radio station, RCN.

Both treat the news as though they?ve received an announcement from Pixar. It?s not impossible that some local Disney press office has sent out a release in Colombia ahead of their counterparts in other regions or, for all we know, there may have been some kind of ?Pixar in South America? presentation today.

Or these guys may, somehow, have gotten the wrong end of the stick. Let?s see how this shakes out. I?m feeling sceptical at the moment, but? surely they didn?t just make it up?

Toy Story of Terror, a 30-minute Hallowe?en special is in the works for this October, and I don?t think we?ve seen the last of Toy Story Shorts. At the same time, I?m fully confident that Toy Story 4 is inevitable, already announced, in 2015 or otherwise.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/18/toy-story-4-set-for-2015/

Don't know about the date, but Tom Hanks apparently let slip that it was in production.

My 6-year-old son saw Toy Story 3 for the first time last week and was moved to tears towards the end.

The very end of Monsters Inc did the same thing 2 weeks before. :)

2015 is good - by then he should be able to sit still for 2 hours so we can go and watch it at the cinema.

Toy Story is by far the weakest Pixar franchise. that is the weakest first movie in a series, yet it's the one that keeps getting sequels and they keep getting worse. not as bad as the abomination that shall be forgotten that is Cars 2. but still.

http://m.hitfix.com/motion-captured/that-toy-story-4-rumor-is-completely-false

>

But what about when people suddenly create headlines around something that comes from a totally untrustworthy and untested source? Why do things that have no immediate credibility suddenly become worldwide trending topics on Twitter? Is is just a case of people wanting a rumor to be true so much that they don't care about reality? As Wilco once sang, "All my lies are only wishes," and it sounds today like a lot of people wish there was a "Toy Story 4" arriving in theaters in 2015.

The problem is, it's not.

I spent some time this morning and afternoon double and triple checking things, and I'm comfortable calling foul on this one, top to bottom. It's not happening. There's no story, there's no team at Pixar working on this, there's no energy being spent on the thought of a "Toy Story 4." Right now, Pixar is busy with a number of projects. There are "Toy Story" related efforts being made, but in the form of short films that we've been seeing for a while. On the feature side, they've got a very busy slate, with "Monsters University" set for this summer, "The Good Dinosaur" set for May of 2014, and "The Untitled Pixar Movie That Takes You Inside The Mind" set for June of 2015. On top of that, there's a Dia De Los Muertos film set for sometime in the future that Lee Unkrich is directing, and if they're doing a one-a-year schedule, then that's their 2016 release.

So where would they even put a "Toy Story 4"? I guarantee it's not 2015. One of the secrets of Pixar being Pixar has been the way they focus on their films as a team. Yes, they have several things working their way through development right now, but they're staggered in a way that allows their creative team to all contribute to one another's movies. I've been to their studios a few times, and watching the way they work, there's such an amazing open energy, and it's literally part of the way they designed the building, not just the company. Everything at Pixar is designed to force a co-mingling of the various people working there, whether it's the common areas where they eat and play or the all-glass design of the conference rooms that all offer views into the other conference rooms. Even the personal work areas are encouraged to be designed and decorated in ways that invite interaction.

>

Toy Story is by far the weakest Pixar franchise. that is the weakest first movie in a series, yet it's the one that keeps getting sequels and they keep getting worse. not as bad as the abomination that shall be forgotten that is Cars 2. but still.

The problem I had with 3 was it was so similar to 2 as far as the bad toys and such.