Are you guys even interested in the new consoles?

I am. It'll be nice to finally see video game graphics start to significantly improve again for the first time in years with the outing of these near 8 year old boxes.

I can tell you one thing for sure. The current generation bores me to death since day 1.

Only a handful of games I really cared about from this one.

My brother in law has an X Box and he says that at least in first person shooters, it is way more accurate on a PC.

That is a bit of a slanted argument though, as by default, the keyboard and mouse is going to provide much more accuracy. This goes without saying.

I for one am very much looking forward to this next generation of consoles. I game on everything. PC, PS3, XBox 360, WiiU, PS Vita, iPad, etc. etc. So I welcome any new hardware into the mix.

Truth be told, PC is the best overall platform, but PC is not what I use the most. Not even close. In fact I am currently playing Crysis 3 on my PC, and it is the first game I have purchased on my PC since Battlefield 3. The reason why? I work in front of a computer all day. To game on my PC, means coming home and continuing to sit in front of a computer. When I was younger this was okay. Now, not so much. I like my couch. I like my 55" HDTV. I LOVE my 7.1 Surround Sound system that is hooked up to my TV and consoles.

Honestly, once I decide to play whatever game it may be, what I am playing it on becomes all but irrelevant, and I simply just enjoy the act of playing a video game. So console, PC, handheld, does not really matter at all to me, just keep delivering games to play and I am happy.

That is a bit of a slanted argument though, as by default, the keyboard and mouse is going to provide much more accuracy. This goes without saying.

I for one am very much looking forward to this next generation of consoles. I game on everything. PC, PS3, XBox 360, WiiU, PS Vita, iPad, etc. etc. So I welcome any new hardware into the mix.

Truth be told, PC is the best overall platform, but PC is not what I use the most. Not even close. In fact I am currently playing Crysis 3 on my PC, and it is the first game I have purchased on my PC since Battlefield 3. The reason why? I work in front of a computer all day. To game on my PC, means coming home and continuing to sit in front of a computer. When I was younger this was okay. Now, not so much. I like my couch. I like my 55" HDTV. I LOVE my 7.1 Surround Sound system that is hooked up to my TV and consoles.

Honestly, once I decide to play whatever game it may be, what I am playing it on becomes all but irrelevant, and I simply just enjoy the act of playing a video game. So console, PC, handheld, does not really matter at all to me, just keep delivering games to play and I am happy.

Do you use headphones when you game on PC?

I have the ATH-A700, everything sounds incredible, I prefer it over my bose v200 5.1 system

One thing I want to add is that I gamed on very few consoles that are available this, the amount that has come out for console and handhelds is more than usual and I haven't gotten a chance to try out everything such as the 3DS, Vita, and PS3

I like my PS3, but I'll have to admit, even as a Linux user, I've found myself purchasing more commercial games that have Linux ports than games for my consoles. That's not a lot either way you slice it since I've been pretty strapped for cash lately, but I spend more time playing games on my computer than I do on my console.

Dont game enough to worry about getting one. Have a PS3 that i use only for media and with TVs supporting most formats now ill sell it off soon.

Always been a PC Gamer. Owned a PS2, 3, PSP and 100% plan on buying PS4 at launch, interested to see what it can do. That said PC will always be my go-to gaming system.

I do enjoy console gaming, mainly because most of my work colleagues and friends also have an Xbox.

I'm very much a social gamer, and will probably hold off buying a new console until I see some proper benefits with either one.

Am however excited what new shiny consoles will be showing up from Sony and Microsoft, if only because 8 year old hardware is a drag..

I am. It'll be nice to finally see video game graphics start to significantly improve again for the first time in years with the outing of these near 8 year old boxes.

Would prefer gameplay and innovation to be improved.

So far the likes of EA are pumping out the same rehash year after year with no efforts this year to release a new title with something different.

The chances are better graphics is just going to mean games take a little longer to make and thus the publishers will want to stick with games they know they can sell... unfortunately at the moment that's mostly games they can off load DLC to or don't have to create much of a story line for, ie online multiplayer shooters and if that's all we'll be getting for the next several years I'll stick with the PC since you can use a keyboard+mouse combo and actually enjoy the game using skill.

I'll definitely be getting the consoles. I won't have to worry abut if console games are properly multi core, use ancient dev tools, or crappy ancient standards (DX9 and 32 bit...)I'll just buy them and play them.

So far the likes of EA are pumping out the same rehash year after year with no efforts this year to release a new title with something different.

Yeah cause SimCity using the cloud is completely like every other SimCity released in 2013, and Dead Space 3s crafting system was in all the previous Dead Space titles ending in 3...

Can't really speak for Crysis or Command and Conquer. Have they even announced anything else for this year?

I am, can't wait to see what they have in store. I can't PC came on a 55 in tv....so console it for me. the next xbox is rumored to have wifi direct (in the leaked specs) so it should be easy to connect to my TV without needing a cord

I bought an xbox 360 last year, hooked it up to a very high end TV, it quickly became the most worthless device in my house so I unloaded on ebay, there just wasn't anything compelling about it at all.

A lot more people would be excited about the next-gen consoles if it came out earlier. The release of new ones is long overdue and I think most people have just accepted the fact that we'll see them when we see them. That doesn't mean Microsoft and Sony can't generate a lot of hype for their consoles. Once we get videos, tech demos, and announced games... then we'll see even more excitement.

As for me, I'm kinda looking forward to them just to see what both companies can come up with. I don't plan on buying it right away though. I might wait a year or two first.

• Like 2

Most definitely am at this point as that's generally where I do most of my gaming these days. I will still play the majority of shooters on the PC as I much prefer a mouse and keyboard and a lot of my good friends still play them on PC so it makes it an easy decision. I'll still pick up the console exclusive shooters to play them through, but outside of that I'm getting it for PC if I can. Otherwise I enjoy the console experience of sitting on the couch with a controller (I know I can do this with my PC but it's not as user friendly in that situation). With that said I'll see what games are out first, still have a backlog from this gen so can see myself holding off for a bit.

I used to play on a gaming PC, but in the last two years or so I switched to consoles - it's just easier for me. Yes, the visuals aren't as good as the PC, but it's fine and gets the job done. I can also stream videos from my home server/Netflix and play music which is an added bonus - and all from a small, quiet box.

I found that getting rid of the size, cleaning, tweaking, updating and organizing the PC are worth the downgrade in picture quality.

It became too much of a managing race and less of "pop the disc, dim the lights and play" thing.

I'm curious about the next gen, but won't get one at launch, before reading about backwards compatibility/licensing rights.

Also, it's worth waiting for more games to arrive and to see if there are hardware problems.