Think I May Have a Virus..

Good/night day everyone. I think I may have a virus.

Why?

1. I started getting this windows isn't genuine window poping up randomly. I've had this install for about 3 years (came with my laptop) and in the system screen (right click my computer>proprieties) it says that windows is activated. I"ll give more information about he screen itself once it pops up again.
  2. I'm unable to use windows update. I get a error saying "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." I've checked the windows update service and its running. ( I even restarted it but no dice)
  3. I am unable to update MSE. I get a error "Security Essentials could't check for virus and spyware definition updates. Check your Internet or network connection and try again. Error code: 0xc80000247" (I'm online and able to access the web just fine)

So far I've run Malwarebytes,MSE (I manually downloaded the lasted definition),spybot and all have found nothing.

I've also ran Eset online scanner and it found a few things.

Yr2GFFj.png

Its said it cleaned up what was found but re-running it again just in case.

Any advice on what i should do? I have no qualms formatting my OS partition if need be, but I would like to see what can be done before that and for the learning experience.

Look for strange and undesirable processes that are starting up with your PC for starters. What are you using for a real-time scanner protection?

I think formatting the partition would be a little excessive at this point but if it gives you piece of mind go for it.

The question is....What caused you to get infected in the first place? If you are using a real-time scanner it must not be doing it's job. I'd recommend purchasing Eset's AV to remain clean and safe.

Update us on what Eset's online scanner's second attempt results were.

Regards

Also, do yourself a favor and uninstall Java completely or decouple it from the browser.

WTF? Android?

Makes sense.

there is nothing to gain by waiting. the stakes are high now days. the software hides almost always. and of course that makes it hard to trust the computer. i bet you have a system image and have data backed up in the cloud. i would turn that machine off until you can wipe it. just dont put java back. java causes a lot of issues. that's 15 years of corporate security experience speaking. sorry you were chosen

I've seen that on a machine I used to root my phone. Some of the files got flagged as exploits.

Same here - was flagged as an exploit when it got to my Android folder. I make regular backups of my Android phone to my drive and the folder contains the root tool for the phone. (referring to the Android items you listed)