Megan Fox joins Michael Bay's "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot, Ninja Turtles, is starting to take shape. After recent news that newcomer Alan Ritchson (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire) had been tapped to play Raphael, more casting news has come down the line about the rest of the turtle team. Deadline reports that Pete Ploszek will play Leonardo, Jeremy Howard will play Donatello, and Noel Fisher will play Michelangelo.

The three other leads in the reboot come from varying backgrounds. Ploszek may be best known for his guest appearances on Parks and Recreation and Shameless. Fisher had a strong role Hatfields & McCoys, and he was in the cast of the final Twilight Saga film and also appeared in Battle: Los Angeles. As for Howard, he has played a lot of guest-starring roles on shows including Breaking Bad, Suburgatory, and Grey?s Anatomy.

http://collider.com/ninja-turtles-movie-reboot-leonardo-donatello-michelangelo/

I'm not sure why all the hate. Personally I love almost every Movie Michael bay has made. Bad Boys, The Island, Transformers, I know some of those are popular so it's fun to hate them, but each of them were amazing to me. I watch movies for mindless fun (and hot girls don't hurt). I'm really excited for this movie. I like the idea of it being re-imagined too... Don't need the same crap all the damn time.

I grew up with it just as much as most of you, had all the toys, had VHS of the cartoon series and 3 movies. Could recite every word of those (first two) movies. But to hate on this simply because "Aliens" and "Megan Fox" is really limiting yourself before giving it a chance. Sure, it could suck, who knows. But I'm staying open minded and remain super damn excited. Megan Fox isn't all that bad anyways... she's never done anything to me except look crazily hot without being able to touch it.

I swear people forgot why they watched things when they were little... Also I'm getting sick of hating things simply because you know it'll be popular.

• Like 3

How bad can that movie possibly get?

It might be just me but; "She has lost alot of props in the looks department." too plain Jane anymore.

I think the aliens thing is justified. It is completely re-writing the lore of the turtles. Why even use the turtles licence if you're going to change such a huge thing like that. Plus why do they need to change their origins?

It might be an excellent film but it won't be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film to me.

I'm not sure why all the hate. Personally I love almost every Movie Michael bay has made. Bad Boys, The Island, Transformers, I know some of those are popular so it's fun to hate them, but each of them were amazing to me. I watch movies for mindless fun (and hot girls don't hurt). I'm really excited for this movie. I like the idea of it being re-imagined too... Don't need the same crap all the damn time.

I grew up with it just as much as most of you, had all the toys, had VHS of the cartoon series and 3 movies. Could recite every word of those (first two) movies. But to hate on this simply because "Aliens" and "Megan Fox" is really limiting yourself before giving it a chance. Sure, it could suck, who knows. But I'm staying open minded and remain super damn excited. Megan Fox isn't all that bad anyways... she's never done anything to me except look crazily hot without being able to touch it.

I swear people forgot why they watched things when they were little... Also I'm getting sick of hating things simply because you know it'll be popular.

I have to admit, I was one of those who kind of lost sight. But having a kid changes you - actually reminds you what it is like to be a kid again. So, I for one am looking forward to taking my son to see this just as my dad took me to TMNT and TMNT2.

My only issue with Michael Bay is that his movies are a little over the top for young kids. Transformers 3 was almost unbearable as a parent.

I agree with you 100%

You are just very easily entertained if you think Bay does good movies. Seriously the TF movies were the equivalent of taking a dump on my childhood. If he ever gets a hold to Voltron or Thundercats that will be it for me. I will personally kill him myself before I allow that movie to start filming.

Eh, just to throw my opinion in, I don't mind Michael Bay, but I don't think he's amazing. I very much enjoyed the first two Transformers movies, but the third was beyond awful. I found myself just begging for it to be over already and playing on my phone instead. Then again, I never really remember being huge into Transformers as a kid, so I don't know how much his movies deviated from the original stories.

That said, I will not go see this movie, nor will I buy it, rent it or even download it. TMNT was a big part of my life as a kid. If I had a favorite show, that was it. My first concert? TMNT. Don't remake something, then completely change it. If you have an entirely new story you want to write and make a movie about, make it entirely new. The title doesn't even fit anymore with the new plot. Just give it a new name, don't use as much from the old movie, and you're good. This just sounds like a lazy man's attempt to pretend like he's original, and yet have half the work already done because the basic concept exists, then he just twists it to his liking. Nah, I pass.

alien is fine, but Bay must name the film not using 'Mutant' keyword, but must using 'Alien' instead,

so, it can't named as TMNT# but must named like TANT, and if the focus is not the turtles but rather Megan,

the film should be renamed even further, like:

"###### and her Alien Turtles sidekick"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Photographers captured Megan Fox landing at LAX (Thursday) with her new look, presumably for her upcoming role as April O'Neil in the Michael Bay produced Ninja Turtles(2014) film

e1oA.jpg

There's a tinge of red there :p

I think if you want to go full April O'Neil.. you have to go full Red. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

2I4DEcw.png

Deadline reports that former "Seinfeld" star Danny Woodburn will play Master Splinter in the Michael Bay-produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Woodburn recently starred in Mirror Mirror and has recurring roles on Fox's "Bones" and Disney XD's "Crash & Bernstein."

Directed by Jonathan Liebesman, the film stars Megan Fox in the role of April O'Neil, Alan Ritchson as Raphael, Jeremy Howard as Donatello, Pete Ploszek as Leonardo, Noel Fisher as Michelangelo, and Will Arnett in an unspecified role.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102965

All we need is Bay to do Robotech. Then the towel will be thrown in.

Not gonna happen, robotech is mixed in a legal red tape nightmare between the US company that made it and the original Japanese company that made Macross. It's been going back and forth for as long as I remember. Also original macross is still the best.

• 3 weeks later...