Tomb Raider On PC Will Be So Much Better Than On Consoles, If Your Rig Is U

Wg9YAld.jpg

Rejoice, computer gaming Tomb Raider fans ? when Lara returns to her home turf this May she?ll be bringing along a treasure trove of PC-centric bells and whistles that?ll make the console versions look downright sad in comparison. Let?s see if your system has the juice to run them.

Tomb Raider started on the PC and Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes have every intention of giving the loyal keyboard-and-mouse set their just rewards this autumn. PC gamers with the right specs will enjoy high resolution textures with up to 16 times the data of the console versions, detail tessellation to make surfaces pretty, higher quality shadows, some sexy HQ bokeh depth of field effects and improved cloth, SSAO, wetness and post-filter effects.

In short, it?s going to be gorgeous, as long as your system falls within the recommended spec range.

Recommended system requirements for PC

? Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8

? DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GTX 480

? Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 565, Intel Core i5-750

? 4GB RAM

You good? If not you?ve still got plenty of wiggle room between those lofty goals and the minimum requirements. Crystal Dynamics promises plenty of scalability options for folks with older machines. They even support Windows XP. Talk about raiding a tomb.

Minimum system requirements for PC

? Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, 7, 8 (32-bit/64-bit)

? DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT, NVIDIA 8600

? Dual core CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.1 GHz (4050+), Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz (E6300)

? 1GB RAM (2GB on Vista)

Where do you fall in the system spectrum?

----------

http://www.kotaku.co...ig-is-up-to-it/

ugh, nothing as annoying as unecessary and stupid bokeh in games, doesn't belong there and is only added for flashy effects, rest seems good though.

I wish they would focus more on soft body dynamics/intereaction than cloth sim though, cloth is already good enough, what ruins games is that lack of "contact feel between soft bodies like hands or skin on items and structures.

Always nice to see a PC version that should bring many improvements over its console counterpart.

Also, it's kinda odd how they recommend a dx11 part and name an HD 4870, then they also specify a quad core and list a dual core amd part.

Recommended: Intel Core i5 750, AMD Radeon HD 4870

What I have: Intel Core i5 750, AMD Radeon HD 7870 "Tahiti LE"

:D

Also, I get this game (and BioShock Infinite) free when I bought the above mentioned

Recommended system requirements for PC

? Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8

? DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GTX 480

? Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 565, Intel Core i5-750

? 4GB RAM

Minimum system requirements for PC

? Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, 7, 8 (32-bit/64-bit)

? DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT, NVIDIA 8600

? Dual core CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.1 GHz (4050+), Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz (E6300)

? 1GB RAM (2GB on Vista)

why no touchscreen mentioned? jk

has there any video showing how people playing this kind of game using keyboard & touchscreen on 30" monitor ?

I don't get what they are thinking when they come up with some of these recommended specs:

HD 4870, NVIDIA GTX 480

a GTX 480 is waaayyyy higher end than a 4870 lol. GTX 260 is closer to a 4870.

I don't get what they are thinking when they come up with some of these recommended specs:

HD 4870, NVIDIA GTX 480

a GTX 480 is waaayyyy higher end than a 4870 lol. GTX 260 is closer to a 4870.

Minimum specs tend to be misleading too. Whoever makes them up thinks that 10FPS at most is fully A OK...

2 year old requirements?

They have to try to include as many PC gamers as possible. What are they going to do, make it accessible to people whose rig is <6 months old?

They have to try to include as many PC gamers as possible. What are they going to do, make it accessible to people whose rig is <6 months old?

I think you missed the point I was making, It says "If your rig is up to it" By that in the title would make anyone think well shucks I guess the requirements of this game are going to be quite high. Which in fact are below average by today's gamers . A sort of weird mis-leading title that's not misleading.

I think you missed the point I was making, It says "If your rig is up to it" By that in the title would make anyone think well shucks I guess the requirements of this game are going to be quite high. Which in fact are below average by today's gamers . A sort of weird mis-leading title that's not misleading.

OK. Sorry, I misunderstood. :)

It is a kotaku article, they tend to use crappy headings. I had to alter the title because the way they worded it was clumsy :p

• Like 1

Game has leaked on consoles early (as usual) and got good comments all around the Internet. After reading what those that already played said and watching the walkthroughs on youtube, I've pre-ordered the game on PC.

AMD Phenom II X6 1045T

16GB RAM

GeForce GTX 650 TI 2GB

...I think I should be good but considering how all over the place those specs are, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm somehow excluded :D

Same here except Core i7 3770K