Tomb Raider On PC Will Be So Much Better Than On Consoles, If Your Rig Is U

Recommended -> Intel Core i5 750, Nvidia GTX480, 4Gb RAM

What I have -> Intel Core i7 2600, Nvidia GTX670, 8Gb RAM

Looks like I'm all set! :happy: My top games for this year are this and BioShock Infinite. To be honest I wasn't planning on getting Tomb Raider at first, but now I know my machine can handle it and that it's looking good...I'm getting excited for it now :yes:

Recommended: Intel Core i5 750, AMD Radeon HD 4870

What I have: Intel Core i5 750, AMD Radeon HD 7870 "Tahiti LE"

:D

Also, I get this game (and BioShock Infinite) free when I bought the above mentioned

Same here! Though, i'm looking more forward to BioShock :p

Better hair for Lara on the PC, with the newly announced TressFX Hair: http://blogs.amd.com/play/tressfx/

Looks alright in stills. Would preferred to see it in motion. Hope it's not too "all over the place" and unrealistic.

Recommended: Intel Core i5 750, AMD Radeon HD 4870

What I have: Intel Core i5 750, AMD Radeon HD 7870 "Tahiti LE"

:D

Also, I get this game (and BioShock Infinite) free when I bought the above mentioned

Lucky you. I got the crappy Crysis 3 along with Bioshock Infinite upon purchasing 7950.

Same here! Though, i'm looking more forward to BioShock :p

I'm not looking forward to either at all. Still - free games are always good :)

It's been forever since I played a PC game. I may have to give this one a go.

Yeah, with GPUs that can outdo consoles "with" Vsync being so cheap, PC gaming is making a comeback. Unfortunately for some reason, MS doesn't make the Xbox wireless gaming receiver for PC anymore. You can only get knockoffs that require a driver be installed. Windows had built-in drivers for the genuine Microsoft product. Mine gave out and I need a new black one but can't find the real deal anywhere anymore.

Edit: Can't get the receiver alone anymore but can still find Wireless controller for Windows that comes with receiver. :/

you can usually fix the broken transceiver by soldering over a broken SMD fuse.

and yeah, you might find a controller with the wireless dongle and I believe there's a headset that might still be for sale with the transceiver.

Game showed up on Origin just now, which is a surprise. Didn't expect Squeenix to do it. But then, Ubisoft just got on there a bit ago too so not entirely a shock.

Us in the UK have to wait a week.

Us in the UK have to wait a week.

I think he was just saying that you can now order Tomb Raider in Origin. Not that you can play it. Game releases word wide on March 5th on all platforms, except in Japan that for some reason it's pushed to April 25th.

Honestly, it's kinda funny how PC gamers in this thread say they have no interest int he game and gametype. but they will buy it because it has great graphics...

Honestly, it's kinda funny how PC gamers in this thread say they have no interest int he game and gametype. but they will buy it because it has great graphics...

Erm I'm not even seeing that?

Also, a few things in my case:

Although I respect the character for being a strong female lead in a male dominated culture, she's still a typical male fantasy and I can't respect that.

I liked the other games but HATED the boss fights. They weren't even something I could punch through...I just had to repeat the same crap over and over and over and over until I got annoyed and quit and never came back. (Games have gotten better about that sort of thing.)

It's a really dry spell for games lately, probably because of the new consoles coming out.

Who said that? Checked the whole thread and couldn't find it :(

After playing this for an hour, i can honestly say its truly awful. Quicktime event, cut scene, quicktime event, cut scene. It randomly takes over control of the character just to do a "cool" animation. Annoying to say the least. Playing it on ultra and it doesn't even look that impressive, I particularly like the way Lara's hair glitches through the bow quiver on her back. A generous 2/10

After playing this for an hour, i can honestly say its truly awful. Quicktime event, cut scene, quicktime event, cut scene. It randomly takes over control of the character just to do a "cool" animation. Annoying to say the least. Playing it on ultra and it doesn't even look that impressive, I particularly like the way Lara's hair glitches through the bow quiver on her back. A generous 2/10

I haven't played it yet, but all the review say the first hour is QTE, it gets good after that, lol.

I haven't played it yet, but all the review say the first hour is QTE, it gets good after that, lol.

I gave up after the point where it gave me yet another QTE, but one where it doesnt even tell you which button to press

Runs very well on my GTX670, looks beautiful :woot: too bad it bombs to desktop quite often though :/ bit of a kill joy that bit. However, that minor inconvenience aside it is fantastic! very happy with it :happy:

Like this?

H7WGViP.gif

:rofl:

I'll be honest, I'm guilty of doing that :laugh: but no, I don't mean that!