Windows Blue: Will There Be a "MileStone Preview" For Public DownLo

You have no inside information, and you don't know what MS plans to do anymore than the rest of us do. As much as you constantly post about how "the start menu is NEVER coming back", the fact is that Windows 8 is a commercial failure, and that failure WILL be addressed in some manner by Microsoft as they develop Windows 9.

Yes, further refinements to the Metro UX. Microsoft is working hard to unify their services, and provide a seamless UX. They're not just going to up and abandon everything like everyone here is saying. They're going to continue pushing their new direction. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

To abandon Windows 8 would mean to abandon their current plans with Windows RT, Windows Phone, and Xbox, and you know that will not happen. The slim differences between the Surface Pro, and Surface RT, is an excellent example of why Microsoft is not abandoning Metro.

• Like 1

No, what's making it a failure is that it's not even outselling what Vista was doing within the same timeframe of it's launch.

So you haven't actually used the OS but you believe FUD spread by "analysts". Ok man if it helps you sleep.

With the failure of windows 8 now official and your links being old news I think it's possible there might have been some changes in direction over in Redmond recently, one can only hope they finally got back on the right track but I'm not holding my breath, Ballmer is still there.

dream on, man

With more options to customize the start screen itself plus other UI tweaks to better fit with desktop users there will bw no need to even think of a start menu anymore imo. I never used the start menu much with the updates to the taskbar in 7. It was clear that they we're working on ways to get off of that part of the UI even back then.