"Knights of the Old Republic" movie coming soon?

pjx05s26.jpg

Before we get to the rumor itself, AICN also have some info on the current state of all Star Wars projects at Disney right now. Harry Knowles' sources have confirmed that although there are lots of possibilities flying around and ideas in the air, the only movie that is in "hardcore active development" is Star Wars Episode VII. So all those Yoda, Han and Boba movies? Nothing is certain..yet. With that being said, he goes on to reveal that Drew Karpyshyn - the man that created the scenario and much of the dialogue in not only the KOTOR game but many others too - might just be working on a sceenplay for a Knights Of The Old Republic (a tale set 4,000 years before the rise of the Galactic Empire) movie. Apparently Karpyshyn left BIOWARE back in February of last year to work on "screenwriting" and the rumor mill has thrown up the notion that he's been hired to work on the script. There's nothing very solid here, but Knowles says he's reached out to Karpyshyn, and has not yet heard back so we'll update when and if we find out more.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=74659

Disney should throw out any other SW plans and do this.

I know the games are set in different periods etc but the cinematics from TOR (mmo) paint a pretty awesome starting point.

Well, with the two games, the have the story for another six films.

The best games ever made and the best stories written in modern times. There is nothing like them. The memories brought a tear to my eye.

My best friend started playing KOTOR again and it brought back memories. I spent hours getting sucked into the story of KOTOR and KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords. Reading news of a possible movie made my day. I'm looking forward to this more than the J.J. Abrams' Star Wars movie(s).