Taylor Swift reportedly sued for keeping $2.5 million

Country music sells very very well in the US, like MASSIVELY well - like JPop level * 100. It also has a major presence in northern Europe. It fares OK in Australia, not massive, but pretty darned good. Can't talk for the rest of the world, but it is still a daft comment to base a worldwide sales estimate on one country.

I dont know ay. I live in NZ, and we hear very little (ok, basically none) country music here. In fact the only other place I've really ever noticed having a country music presence is the outback of australia. Ever seen a european, asian, middle eastern, south american etc country star? Nope. So yes, the world is a big place, a big place full of people who dont buy country music.

I agree though, shes cute, but needs a burger, stat.

One of the biggest stars in country music at the moment is an Australian. I doubt it's "just in the outback".

SK[' timestamp=1361798103' post='595542274]

Dunno, why are you asking someone who is questioning a statement made by someone else?

I very rarely (basically never) hear Country music in the UK which is why I find it hard to hear that it's the biggest music market in the world. Now if it said "biggest music market in the US" I would quiet easily believe it.

Well if you're in the UK, wouldn't country music be called something else? Maybe foreign country, or Yankee yodeling?

I like her music.

isnt garth brooks the biggest selling solo artist of all time

edit: seems so

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Garth_Brooks

Brooks is considered the best selling solo artist in history with 130 million albums sold.[5]

Doesnt get any more country than Garth xD

(also I only knew this because my dad is a huge fan. honest :laugh: )

also, he isnt on that list someone posted, so theres something awry there

Per your link

As of June 2012, the RIAA lists Presley's total sales at 134.5 million and Brooks's at 128 million. so he is not the number one in history...maybe of just country.

I like her music.

Per your link

As of June 2012, the RIAA lists Presley's total sales at 134.5 million and Brooks's at 128 million. so he is not the number one in history...maybe of just country.

seems so, not understand though, this was a question on a UK gameshow a while ago swell, it was "who is the biggest selling solo artist of all time" and the correct answer was Garth brooks :s

Maybe it was the biggest selling living artist.

edit: I see now, you missed out a part of your quote

"The RIAA has since reexamined their methods for counting certifications. Under their revised methods, Presley became the best-selling solo artist in U.S. history, making Brooks the number two solo artist"

Now I understand.

They don't make any money off of me on country music because I can't stand the stuff. A lot of people I know do, however.

It's hard to escape it around here. :laugh:

I leave stores as quickly as possible, that play hillbilly music.

It's hard to escape it around here. :laugh:

I leave stores as quickly as possible, that play hillbilly music.

I know. It drives me crazy.