Windows Phone now has 130K+ apps

Still no facebook app, yes, people want that. No meaningful fitness apps. No syncing/media management app (not a phone app). No US Bank, No US IngDirect. So what's the point of the 130k.

MS needs to stop spouting app numbers, and get the 10-20 apps the platform needs! I'm tellin' ya, if MS doesn't get it's app act together fast for Surface RT and WP8, all these cheap android devices that are proliferating are going to leave them permanently in the dust. I feel the Window of opportunity for serious challenge is closing quickly because MS has dropped the ball across the 8 board with lack of the right apps.

Edit: IMO, the tablet war is over. MS will not make significant inroads in the consumer space there. Android then iPad, and that's basically it. They dropped the ball with no middleware (Zune8/iTunes) and lack of killer apps. I'd like to be wrong, but I doubut it. Android tabs everywhere and they are actually fast.

The browser wars were once over too. IPhone was once the king of the smartphones, the IPad was once the only choice. Markets change constantly, it's never over or too late.

I'm pretty sure there's a Facebook app as well as a chase bank app out for WP.

https://www.chase.co...ing/windows-app

There's no official facebook app nor a MS one. I personally don't like giving l/p to third party apps for a service of that nature. There's Chase, and Bank of America.

There are many more banks that are not there, including my other 2 (I do use BoA) which both have apps for iPhone and Android and facebook has a first party app for both platforms as well. You can't be the platform where you have to settle for less or use a browser (slow, tiresome, and browsing on a phone is for emergencies only for some people like me.)

There's no official facebook app nor a MS one. I personally don't like giving l/p to third party apps for a service of that nature. There's Chase, and Bank of America.

There are many more banks that are not there, including my other 2 (I do use BoA) which both have apps for iPhone and Android and facebook has a first party app for both platforms as well. You can't be the platform where you have to settle for less or use a browser (slow, tiresome, and browsing on a phone is for emergencies only for some people like me.)

The Facebook app I have on my phone right now is from MS. I'd say it's as official as it gets unless Facebook writes it's own.

You can browse the Windows Phone store here: http://www.windowsph...com/en-gb/store

Try searching for apps you use a lot. I upgraded from a BlackBerry Curve and all the apps I used were available except for BlackBerry Messenger which is exclusive to BlackBerry smartphones.

So you are saying this is your first smartphone? :p

Uh...there is an official facebook app for Windows Phone. It is published by Microsoft.

Are you for real? You are complaining that there are no first party apps and that is somehow Microsoft and their hardware partners fault how? Cool iPhone and Android have the app you want, that wouldn't be true three years ago. Devs will only support a platform they think is worth developing for, which gives you the what comes first scenario, apps or users? Early adopters of a platform always have to suffer "limited" app support, get over it, was the same with iOS and Android... The Microsoft Facebook app works perfectly and the people hub pretty much destroys everything on competing platforms. If Facebook wants to write their own WP app then let them, after all they are a multi-billion dollar company but that is by no means any reflection of Windows Phone.

I your bank doesn't have a decent mobile webpage that you can use to pay bills and such... switch to a decent bank. Even my local little bank here has one. and the bank app, due to security reasons, it can only be used for moving money between your own accounts and checking your accounts. as it should be.

The Facebook app I have on my phone right now is from MS. I'd say it's as official as it gets unless Facebook writes it's own.

WP8? The old app, it's not official if it's not facebook, but yes, MS is better than third party only the MS app for WP7 does not and never has functioned properly with notifications for more people that not. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Are you for real? You are complaining that there are no first party apps and that is somehow Microsoft and their hardware partners fault how?

I stopped reading after that because the rest was based off this fallacy as that's NOT what I said. Reread what I said and stop attributing the voices in your head to me.

But since you mention it, it is not their fault, though if they're smart they'll make it their problem and proactively fix it with regards to the most in demand apps. It's a problem in general for the platform because those apps are on competing platforms that have great phones. Do you comprehend that, at all?!?

So you are saying this is your first smartphone? :p

Uh...there is an official facebook app for Windows Phone. It is published by Microsoft.

You are right, the WP7 apps will work, but it is flawed which is why people want a native one. Notifications work spotty for some, a day and a half later for others, and never for some. This is one of the most important features and the primary reason for an app as opposed to a browser on a phone. Android and iPhone with the facebook produced app have no issues whatsoever with this or any other aspect.

It's been updated to version 4.x which added WP8 features like the lock screen picture options and so on. Sure it's not from FB itself but it's something.

• Like 2

It's been updated to version 4.x which added WP8 features like the lock screen picture options and so on. Sure it's not from FB itself but it's something.

There's a better version on the way: https://www.neowin.net/news/nokia-ceo-a-better-facebook-windows-phone-app-is-being-worked-on

:)