BF3 vs COD:MW3 Online

am with you on the refusing to pay for xbl etc.

i went with mw3, on the ps3.

bf3 looked awesome - did the single player campaign, but somehow it seemed to me that because i got into bf3 so late, the player deck was tilted against me.

with mw3, scaling up was easier as a casual 'lets spend an hour' (which then became 3-4 hours before i saw the clock)

Haven't been into shooters forever since I refused to pay for XBL. Now that I have a PS3, I'm wondering which of these 2 games has a better online element for a causal gamer

You'd be crazy to buy MW3 over Black Ops 2.

Price for one. MW3 I can get for $13, BO2 is around $35

The MW3 servers are probably dead.

Battlefield 3 is the better value, if you can get into it. There will be a lot of getting dropped by a plane while you're standing in a field thinking "where am I" to begin though.

The MW3 servers are probably dead.

What servers? COD is p2p on consoles

MW3 is still in the top 5 games played on Xbox live at the moment, I assume its a similar situation on PS3

As for choosing between MW3 and Black Ops II, they're both pretty awful online experiences

MW3 is still popular, there are just about as much on PC as blops 2. I prefer MW3.

I never really got in to battlefield TBH, i tried playing it a few times but maps just seemed huge. I prefer the casual hectic feel of COD

What servers? COD is p2p on consoles

MW3 is still in the top 5 games played on Xbox live at the moment, I assume its a similar situation on PS3

As for choosing between MW3 and Black Ops II, they're both pretty awful online experiences

Servers,hosts, all the same that's an even better reason to avoid CoD.

MW3 is still popular, there are just about as much on PC as blops 2. I prefer MW3.

I never really got in to battlefield TBH, i tried playing it a few times but maps just seemed huge. I prefer the casual hectic feel of COD

It can certainly be overwhelming at first but BF3 gets better the more effort you put into it.

Plus Gun Master is awesome (from one of the expansions.)

I actually liked Warfighter a hell of a lot more than I expected to from the flaming it got.

as an average FPS player myself i went with BF3 much better game play and not just spawn shoot die type game maps are MUCH bigger gives you a chance to play and learn vs jumping right in and having to pray to live

as an average FPS player myself i went with BF3 much better game play and not just spawn shoot die type game maps are MUCH bigger gives you a chance to play and learn vs jumping right in and having to pray to live

This is what I tried to say - but explained better :laugh:

I prefer that spawn shoot die style but if you don't then I guess BF is better. Which is why its so popular IMO. No matter how good you are and how much kills you get, dying alot makes you feel bad which is what I think puts most off COD. You do die a lot, unless you are like super awesome.