I should wait for Haswell, right?

I'm currently running a C2D 3.0. I'm in no rush to upgrade, but it would be nice to get a little speed. The rest of my setup isn't bad (SSD, 660), so I'd be looking at mobo, CPU, & case.

I should wait the 3ish months and get a chip based on Haswell, right? With it being on a new socket, I can't see a reason to do a non-pressing upgrade now and have a system based on a socket thats ending.

Yes, Haswell is on new LGA 1150 socket, so I 110% suggest you to wait for Haswell.

Hell yes. But I don't think Haswell and Ivy Bridge are supposed to be genuinely different in performance, just in power management.

I'm upping to Kaveri personally.

haswell should be 20% faster than IVB clock-for-clock.

what's Kaveri?

AMDs next high end stuff, due towards the end of the year.

I know Intel beats em in performance but the motherboard prices suck, and I have had enough bull**** with this i7 920 build that I don't really feel like sticking with em.

Plus the dual GPU stuff with AMDs HSA kit teamed with a desktop board might actually mean something...we shall see.

i'd wager a guess that the C2D is bottlenecking that 660. You'll probably see a big benefit by going to haswell.

I'm sure it is, but nothing thats killing me at the moment. I don't do as much gaming as I used to, so no biggie there.