Recommend a new mouse

Sometimes that double-click issue is a capacitor gone mad

For double clicking issues:

1. take the batteries out of the mouse
  2. let it discharge for 2 mins.
  3. keep clicking on the mouse a lot with no power source (USB or battery) for 2-5 mins.
  4. let discharge another min or two
  5. then reconnect to PC or reinsert batteries

see if this helps

if not see:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/

• 3 months later...

1. You'll never find something as good as the g7. Get over it now or you'll be extremely disappointed.

2. Shape wise the Razer Mamba (and DeathAdder which is the wired version of the mamba) is the closest you'll get to g7 when it comes to wireless mouse.

3. Sadly mamba drivers are awful (dunno about DeathAdder).

4. As a past g7 lover i use the mamba and live with it's software shortcoming.

5. I hated the g700 with a passion. It's not even close to the g7. Not in the same league at all. I did not accept to settle for something less and decided to vote with my wallet. But do as you wish it's an okay mouse sold twice as much as it should be and designed by a team of incompetent. They took everything that made the g7 the undisputed best wireless mouse ever and threw it in the garbage can.

6. You can find working g7s on eBay but be ready to pay up to 400$ for them (and some people actually do). But logitech is too dumb to see they should make a g7 version 2 instead of that g700 overpriced mouse.

7. Many people find the g700 to be a good mouse worth 100$. Try it who knows?

5. Almost every recent gaming mouse/keyboard/headset has horrible build quality. We have to go back to 2004!

The build quality of the Mamba is awesome. Hardware wise it's an AWESOME and very well designed mouse. Close to be as good as the g7 hardware wise. Sadly it is plagued by awful drivers and firmware.

The build quality of the Mamba is awesome. Hardware wise it's an AWESOME and very well designed mouse. Close to be as good as the g7 hardware wise. Sadly it is plagued by awful drivers and firmware.

Maybe well designed, the G700s is well designed as well, but the build quality just like the other gaming mouses doesn't seem nowhere comparable to the mouses of some years ago. Just look at the amazon reviews, 3.5 stars average with many negative reviews made by people complaining about inconsistent build quality. The fact that the top-rated mouses on amazon/newegg are now the cheapest non-gaming notebook models says it all: something has clearly gone wrong with quality assurance in the last few years. After Microsoft left the peripherals market Logitech lowered itself to the (already abysmally low) average quality standards as the other manufacturers since they now had basically the whole market for themselves, and the results are clearly visible.

Logitech. Nuff said. I currently have the G700 and its ace. The G5 i had earlier served me faithfully for a good 6 years before dying on me.