How long does your smartphone battery last?

Smartphone Battery Times  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How long does your smartphone battery last with light usage?

• 1 to 4 hours
    • 4 to 8 hours
    • 8 to 12 hours
    • 12 to 16 hours
    • 16 to 20 hours
    • 20 to 24 hours
    • 24 hours+
  2. 2. How long does your smartphone battery last with medium usage?

• 1 to 4 hours
    • 4 to 8 hours
    • 8 to 12 hours
    • 12 to 16 hours
    • 16 to 20 hours
    • 20 to 24 hours
    • 24 hours+
  3. 3. How long does your smartphone battery last with heavy usage?

• 1 to 4 hours
    • 4 to 8 hours
    • 8 to 12 hours
    • 12 to 16 hours
    • 16 to 20 hours
    • 20 to 24 hours
    • 24 hours+

Using an HTC HD2 with Wifi and GPS switched off.

Even after three years I still get two days with about 10-20% left.

GPS kills my battery life. I noticed a huge boost when I turned it off.

Nexus One, CM9 (Android 4.0.4). With light usage, I can get at least two days, medium, about a day, and with heavy usage, probably about 16-20 hours. I leave the screen at automatic brightness and only ever turn WiFi or data on while I need to use it. I also, always keep the phone on EDGE, and only ever turn on HSPA when I need a faster connection or need to make an important call.

HTC Inspire here. I use my phone lightly most days and can get 2 days out of it. Those days I moderately use it I barely get one day out of it.

I voted in the poll, but people have different meanings of what light/medium/heavy usage. For example: I have 53% (16 hours off charger) battery left right now, with a 1h44m screen on time, 4G LTE all day (which is more power hungry than WiFi), bluetooth on (use this to make 46 mins. of calls), 100 or so texts, push email from 12pm-5pm, light gaming & browsing, and I consider all this medium usage, while others may consider this heavy usage.

If I actually used WiFi at home and work, I could get much better battery life, but I love to use that unlimited data while I still have it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Samsung Galaxy S2, Wifi+GPS+3G always on. 4-5 Hours.

Cant imagine life without the charger cable.

Snap, except I get a little more out of mine as I have the brightness at the lowest.

24+

24+

20-24

Lumia 920: Bluetooth, wireless always on.

You can't be serious?! The Lumia 920 is well-known for its poor battery life. Therefore I have to assume you have a very questionable interpretation of "heavy" usage. I consider heavy usage to be something that makes intensive use of the CPU and GPU simultaneously (i.e. graphically demanding games, video). Reviews show it only lasts 6hrs when playing back video and less than that for web browsing - even Neowin's review only put movie playback at 7hrs. Put simply, what you're saying is utter nonsense.

Anyway, HTC Sensation (1900mAH battery):

Light - 36hrs

Medium - 18-24hrs

Heavy - 5hrs (demanding games)

When I run demanding games the screen will become noticeably hot to the touch.

My usage is fairly heavy I guess. Galaxy Nexus.

I make calls, send texts, WiFi and Data connections are always on, I play 3D games and other apps, listen to music on my commutes to and from work.

I get about 15 hours out of it before it starts dropping down to 10%.

I can get almost a week out of mine, SGS3 GT-i9300 (5 and a half days easily)

All options (when you slide your finger down from the top of the screen) turned of until needed, also turn off phone when asleep little to moderate usage, and only turn on gps when I have to (ie, when delivering to a new, unknown to me location)

Should have saved money and bought a featurephone, no point in owning a smartphone top then not use any of it's features

Should have saved money and bought a featurephone, no point in owning a smartphone top then not use any of it's features

What I do with my money is my business! Under normal use I get about 2 days.

• 4 weeks later...

Nexus 4

16 to 20 hours

12 to 16 hours

8 to 12 Hours

Today has been fairly light usage, a few calls, emails and games etc. 9 hours 30 on battery with no charge and still at 63% left but I will probably have higher usage later today when I get home from work that will potentially drop that quite quickly.

Samsung Galaxy Ace @ CynogenMod 10.1 (4.2.2, latest build from 17/03), light overclocked.

also i do 1 or 2 calls per day, less than 10 SMS per day, some internet usage, so yeah i only do light usage (battery lasts more than 24h); in medium and heavy usage battery drops significaly.

• 3 weeks later...

Galaxy Nexus

Light Usage: 24 hours +

Medium Usage: 24 hours

Heavy Usage: 20 - 24 hours

Light usage for me is checking twitter for maybe 1 hour (combined), one phone call, a few texts.

Medium usage is the above plus playing a few games for a few hours (combined).

Heavy usage is the above plus watching stuff on youtube. I'd also game for a little longer and use the GPS/Sat-Nav.