[Help]Will UT2003 work on this

HJi i am doing a skool assignment on Linux and i thought as bit of a show of what linux can do that i might bring my boxen in from home with these specs and run UT2003 on it

[the PC specs]

AMD athlon XP 1800+

389MB SD-RAM

12xDvd Drive but i have a 48X burner i can use

GeFORCE 4 MX440 128DDR

will this run UT2003 and what distro will i need to run? i have acces to Slackware 9.0 mdk 9.0 and COULD (possible) get others if Needed

TIA dewy?..:D:D

ok thnx for the help peeps

MDK 9.0 fine?

MDK 9.0 is fine. You may need to update Xfree to get the nvidia drivers to do their job, but apart from that, you shouldn't have a problem.

kjordan2001: Don't mean to be pedantic, but it's not quite as simple as the card support OpenGL (after all, a Voodoo 1 has OpenGL!) FYI, you need a card capable of DXTC/S3TC extentions within OpenGL, which for Nvidia I think is either Geforce 2 and higher, or Geforce 3 and higher (including the Geforce4 MX range).

you should download the ut2003 game iso from one of gentoo.orgs mirrors... it is a livcd that will boot and auto detect your hardware adn run the demo of the game... plenty good for skool show and tell.

wow that's sooo cool! i don't have the retail version of linux, i only have linux mandrake 9.1 3 CD's. can i download UT2k3 somewhere?

Er, well, it is a retail product, so you're going to have to buy it if you want to play it. :blink: Just because a Linux version exists doesn't mean that the Linux version is free.

You can download the Linux demo though, just do a google for it, it's everywhere.

EDIT: See post below this one. I'm a goose. :ike:

Edited by BananaMan