Sony reveals PS4 user interface

More pictures @ source link.

Sony has shown off what the user interface for its PlayStation 4 will look like, along with some examples of how the PS4 will work with tablets and smartphones.

Sony's PlayStation 4 launch last week may not have shown us what the console looked like (and left some other things unanswered), but the company has been more than happy to give us a good look at what the user experience will be like.

Here are a few of the screens you'll see on the PS4, along with some examples of how Sony will integrate gaming with your tablet and smartphone.

Source

ps4-ui_1.jpgps4-ui_2.jpg

I'm not really impressed. it looks like a smart tv interface form a couple of years back.

maybe it looks a lot better live, but from what they have done before, I frankly expected something better.

The first picture in OP looks fairly decent (aside from the masses of blue)... but the 2nd (to me) looks a bit too much like the current 360 dash (with lots of blue for added effect!).

Gradients FTW!

Well, Sony always did love their gradients... LMAO

I dunno. I think the overall layout and design isn't bad. I'm honestly a bit surprised. I usually find Sony's design choices to be a bit haphazard...

not bad, way busier than the XMB though. Everything seems to be going square now a days.

I am not sure how it is way busier?

dash-games-dashup83838.jpg

It looks like in that second screen that is shown, which has the additional information about the game, that info is not shown until you Roll Over or Click a Title, so it is about the same amount of information that is displayed on the current Live Dash, and if anything, one less click to get information about the game, so it that regards, it should provide a bit more streamlined of a user experience.

Also the blue can be changed if history is anything to go off of.

I think it is nothing special, but nothing horrible either. I prefer simplicity myself, so hopefully this brings just that.

It looks like in that second screen that is shown, which has the additional information about the game, that info is not shown until you Roll Over or Click a Title, so it is about the same amount of information that is displayed on the current Live Dash, and if anything, one less click to get information about the game, so it that regards, it should provide a bit more streamlined of a user experience.

I think it is nothing special, but nothing horrible either. I prefer simplicity myself, so hopefully this brings just that.

Personally not a fan of a whole bunch of stuff being visible, don't really like the live tile idea, no need to show stuff if it doesn't have to show.

PS3_xmb.jpg

is far less busy than even the picture you posted I'd say.

I think he means the Sony XMB, not the XBox metro thing