Printing web pages as they appear on the screen?

Question

I'm designing a web base label maker in html, css and javascript. They company I'm working for does not want to use illustrator anymore and want to make it easier to just have a drop down list of the products and they can just pick from the main list instead of retyping it in Illustrator. Well, I don't know any program that will let me design it and let me add a list of product that they can select and input it in the design. HTML is the only way I know I can do this. The only problem is that when i try to print it out, it looks nothing like it. Can anyone tell me how to print what it appears on screen?

example of my label maker

http://www.romabio.com/Label.html

9 answers to this question

If you use Firefox, FireShot is good; if not I do the above method..

Typically there is a practice for HTML and CSS for printer-friendly along with many other whatever-friendly.

Such as certain ways to do your css and html, or making seperate versions

Try Google to find methods and practices

This, I used chrome to remove the media="screen" using the dev tools, and print preview made it show properly. Didn't change any of the other display either.

Well he will still no get the expected result depending on the browser/settings used. The browser might or might not print the css background images depending on the settings/default.

But it's a start ;)

Well he will still no get the expected result depending on the browser/settings used. The browser might or might not print the css background images depending on the settings/default.

But it's a start ;)

Chrome showed it that's what I used, did a print preview with graphics/styling on and it showed correctly.