SimCity (2013)

If I hadn't just gotten Dead Space 3, I would have definitely chosen it. As it stands, I ended up having to chose Most Wanted.

To answer 'CPU Killer';

Traffic has perhaps eased up a bit in my 170k city, however had no real problem with it to start with.

As mentioned on last page, I still suffer from the annoying bug where all public transport and garbage collection trucks follow each other around in a long line..

Basically the tach fixes bad traffic, but it doesn't fix the problem that causes bad traffic for most people, terrible road designs. You can't fix traffic if the mayor design **** roads.

• Like 3

Yes to the first part, and the second, I'll let you decide ;)

Wow...what an obnoxious video Lol. Constantly moving the camera angle....*stabs eyes*

It does show how truly broken the system still is though. My 230k city is literally a grid of roads and there are still jams all over the place.

The real problem of what causes traffic is how the sim s go from point a to point b. They don't go to a specific place. they all find the nearest empty home or job. so if you have a university that lets out they all will go to the same house in a line and then go to the next house at the same time. They do not know that the house is full till they get there.

This causes a lot of cars to go to the same building at the same time.

until that is fixed they can only do minor fixes to traffic.

The real problem of what causes traffic is how the sim s go from point a to point b.

Never? lol :p

J/K

Honestly though, this game is broken and beyond fixing through any 'patches', I'm afraid. It needs re-written from the 'core' up. It may improve a 'little' with each so called fix, but is never going to work as one expects, which is a damn shame indeed. With each patch comes 'hope', but I honestly don't think they know how to fix it themselves? The base is so beyond repair, that anything they do on the surface will have adverse consequences elsewhere as a result.

I really hate to see the series go this way, I do, and how it ever got to this stage, is beyond belief.

It does show how truly broken the system still is though. My 230k city is literally a grid of roads and there are still jams all over the place.

Of course it is. If you make a grid, that means every few blocks an intersection which means stop lights. That is not a broken system but rather you making a bad road design. The best designs I have experiences so far has involved putting important building on dead end roads without any residential, commercial, or industry. Make one long avenue that you put no zones on. On this avenue, you want things like police, firefighters, mines, trade posts, factories, etc. Put a few small roads that lead to nowhere and just a few feet on this avenue. The purpose is to create intersections to allow vehicles to make uturns. If you do this correctly, the only grid locked areas are residential and industry zones which allows your true money makers to operate without any issues.

Never? lol :p

J/K

Honestly though, this game is broken and beyond fixing through any 'patches', I'm afraid. It needs re-written from the 'core' up. It may improve a 'little' with each so called fix, but is never going to work as one expects, which is a damn shame indeed. With each patch comes 'hope', but I honestly don't think they know how to fix it themselves? The base is so beyond repair, that anything they do on the surface will have adverse consequences elsewhere as a result.

I really hate to see the series go this way, I do, and how it ever got to this stage, is beyond belief.

Funny considering there are tons of us playing the game just fine. Being beyond fixing would imply it isn't playable which is so far from the truth it makes you out to be delusional.

Of course it is.

You say this like it's suppose to be this way. However, it's not. Which means traffic is still broken. Thank you for the tips, but they're really only tips to work around an issue with the traffic system.

Funny considering there are tons of us playing the game just fine. Being beyond fixing would imply it isn't playable which is so far from the truth it makes you out to be delusional.

I never said that it wasn't playable. I said it is 'beyond fixing', as in how it 'should' work. You know?, what we all paid for? :)

Maybe I am delusional, are you the new CEO for EA? :shifty:

What is going on with the helicopter in that video (2:10)? Looks tied to the fire truck and stuck in traffic with it lol.

Will attempt to correct in patch 1.94 ;)

You say this like it's suppose to be this way. However, it's not. Which means traffic is still broken. Thank you for the tips, but they're really only tips to work around an issue with the traffic system.

Actually the way it works now for your particular problem is exactly how it works in real life. Go to NYC sometime. :) If you make a grid, you WILL get grid lock with to much traffic on the roads. There are problems with the traffic AI but the the way it reacts to a grid road design is not one of them.

Another part of that avenue tip, make it the fully upgraded one and make it lead directly to the zone entrance. What ends up happening is the trucks get through the fastest way possible even in a grid lock coming back into town. Those leaving have no gridlock because they are all the way on the right on most maps, where the gridlock won't happen due to the only vehicles on that lane being the work trucks and not the pesky residents.

I never said that it wasn't playable. I said it is 'beyond fixing', as in how it 'should' work. You know?, what we all paid for? :)

Maybe I am delusional, are you the new CEO for EA? :shifty:

Your CEO comment makes about zero sense. I see you are just here to troll about a game that is perfectly playable, something that a game that is beyond fixing wouldn't be, so yes, you are very delusional. The game works fine the way it is even with the bugs, which if you actually played the game, would know most have been fixed. Go troll something else. We all get that you think this is the worst game of all times and can never work properly. It is so bad in fact, that not a single person on the planet is capable of playing it right now. Not even EA took an extreme stance and said the game was perfect so you have no reason to take the opposite extreme and claim it is beyond fixing when it is only partially broken, not completely. If they listened to you, no more patches would come out ever, because you know, it can't be fixed. Your foolish anger and trolling can be taken somewhere else but let us adults have constructive conversations.

Your CEO comment makes about zero sense. I see you are just here to troll about a game that is perfectly playable, something that a game that is beyond fixing wouldn't be, so yes, you are very delusional. The game works fine the way it is even with the bugs, which if you actually played the game, would know most have been fixed. Go troll something else. We all get that you think this is the worst game of all times and can never work properly. It is so bad in fact, that not a single person on the planet is capable of playing it right now. Not even EA took an extreme stance and said the game was perfect so you have no reason to take the opposite extreme and claim it is beyond fixing when it is only partially broken, not completely. If they listened to you, no more patches would come out ever, because you know, it can't be fixed. Your foolish anger and trolling can be taken somewhere else but let us adults have constructive conversations.

I'll still say, I NEVER said it wasn't playable. When did I say that? I also NEVER said it was the worst game of all time? When did I say that? I most definitely do NOT subscribe to 'It is so bad in fact, that not a single person on the planet is capable of playing it right now' .

Do you like making up stuff as you go along, or get someone to write it for you? Honestly! lol :D

Quote me where I said any of these things please, and while your at it, quote me where I am 'angry' about anything.

I remember saying it was a 'shame' that the game descended into this state, but none of the above nonsense your trolling now.

Listening....I'm an 'adult', I can take it......

P.S.

I feel your pain, I was foolish enough to buy it too, but life moves on :)

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but Best Buy and Target will be selling SimCity LE for $39.99 starting on Sunday.

I'll still say, I NEVER said it wasn't playable. When did I say that? I also NEVER said it was the worst game of all time? When did I say that? I most definitely do NOT subscribe to 'It is so bad in fact, that not a single person on the planet is capable of playing it right now' .

Do you like making up stuff as you go along, or get someone to write it for you? Honestly! lol :D

Quote me where I said any of these things please, and while your at it, quote me where I am 'angry' about anything.

I remember saying it was a 'shame' that the game descended into this state, but none of the above nonsense your trolling now.

Listening....I'm an 'adult', I can take it......

P.S.

I feel your pain, I was foolish enough to buy it too, but life moves on :)

Reading comprehension goes a long way unless you are a troll. I didn't say you said it was unplayable. I said the only way a game can possibly be unfixed is if it is unplayable. You said it was unfixable did you not? I am simply saying that you are going to an extreme for absolutely no reason.

P.S.

I have no pain. The game is playable and perfectly fine in its current state. I know this because I actually play the game unlike you, who claim it is so broken, it is unfixable, and by extension, unplayable. I am extremely happy I bought it. I have spent over 100 hours in game without any glitches, bugs, or losses. It operates exactly how I was told it would. As I said, I am here to talk to ADULTS who wish to have a intelligent conversation about a perfectly playable game and you are clearly here just to complain about a game you don't even like. Only someone with anger issues would choose to stay around just to complain when there are other less angry ways to spend your time. Yet I am sure you will bless us with another one of your hate fueled posts about a video game that you apparently don't even play because it is so broken it is beyond repair.

So you admit to not being angry about anything and yet here you are trolling a perfectly playable game that is constantly being made better....sorry kid, you aren't fooling anybody but yourself it seems.

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but Best Buy and Target will be selling SimCity LE for $39.99 starting on Sunday.

If you regester before the 25th, you get the free game off right? Sunday is the 24th.

So you admit to not being angry about anything and yet here you are trolling a perfectly playable game that is constantly being made better....sorry kid, you aren't fooling anybody but yourself it seems.

Smokes the rest of my cig, sips the rest of my drink (coffee) and wastes no time in going to bed :) Enjoy the game, I really mean that :) kiss kiss.

Seems the cities take longer to load now since the update. anyone else having this issue?

Seems to be the same loading time on EU West 4... could be server specific though...

Seems the cities take longer to load now since the update. anyone else having this issue?

I've noticed this as well. Also, friend of mine lost access to his Region (which I'm still able to load). Doesn't show up for him.

Any figure out how to force a commercial upgrade? Something I am doing is causing it but I dont know what. Education does industry and parks do residents. What does commercial?

I've noticed this as well. Also, friend of mine lost access to his Region (which I'm still able to load). Doesn't show up for him.

Have him click your name in the friend list and show your regions and he can click play on his city there, and it'll probably come back on his game after.

It's worse when you lose a region that only you play in. Then you need to add the info to the lost city bug thread. Just make sure to have multiple cities in your personal regions.