SimCity (2013)

I don't know man, I don't see how people can keep defending this. You bring up other launch day issues - but the whole point is to LEARN from those experiences and not repeat them.

I'm not sure how that's relevant, since every game has had them. Clearly they can't just 'learn from those experiences' if it's the entire industry.

I can't defend it today as I really don't know what the hell is going on, but considering it is just a computer game I'll live.

EA is generally speaking a mediocre quality, mass-market company...totally out of the Blizzard's league, imho. They have a few big titles where they get it right (the new SimCity is one of them imho, plus the NFS, etc), but overall, they put their profits above all customers' expectations.

Is it worth it?

I've got my money's worth and much more.I have no complains.

The level of the depth, detail, and visualization in the new SimCity is remarkable.

Why is it trying to connect me to europe west :s I live in Canada :s lol

I've got my money's worth and much more.I have no complains.

The level of the depth, detail, and visualization in the new SimCity is remarkable.

So it is more in-depth than Cities XL? Sounds good! Will get it when things stabilise =).

Why is it trying to connect me to europe west :s I live in Canada :s lol

Probably just trying to steer people towards less traffic heavy servers, but I couldn't say. I went back to my original server of course.

What's the traffic simulation like? The only thing i've read about it says that it's pretty rubbish, for example, the sims would queue on one avenue when there was another empty avenue just adjacent to it.

I liked all the traffic/travel management in Rush Hour and i was hoping this game was going to build upon it. Seeing as there are no subways for a start i'm guessing i'm going to be disappointed.

What's the traffic simulation like? The only thing i've read about it says that it's pretty rubbish, for example, the sims would queue on one avenue when there was another empty avenue just adjacent to it.

I liked all the traffic/travel management in Rush Hour and i was hoping this game was going to build upon it. Seeing as there are no subways for a start i'm guessing i'm going to be disappointed.

I haven't noticed them queuing unnecessarily unless of course there's a lot of stuff coming out of buildings nearby (police or whatever)

It's pretty easy to lower the traffic by adding various mass transit buildings or alternate pathways though. I certainly haven't experienced anything weird about it.

Only thing that bugs me is when my sims cry about wanting streetcars. **** off, sims, I don't want them. :p

From what I've seen, they always take the shortest path without taking traffic into account, seems more like a bug than anything.

Anyone else getting disconnected alot tonight?

Dude stfu cause you obviously don't get that SimCity is defaulting to Western Europe for me.

Maybe you should read what he said first? He said it was automatically (Automatic, involuntary, spontaneous all mean not under the control of the will.) connecting to the EU servers.

Maybe you should read what he said first? He said it was automatically (Automatic, involuntary, spontaneous all mean not under the control of the will.) connecting to the EU servers.

You have control at the launcher. It was picking the Europe servers for me too.

http://www.twitch.tv...ry/game/SimCity if anyone wants to see the game in action instead of just asking about it.

So while it no doubt sucks, about the only thing to really do is sit back and wait for the issues to be resolved sooner rather than later.

If it bothers you that much, demand a refund, speak with your wallets. That is the only true way to try and avoid such a debacle in the future.

I have to disagree, I would understand if it was an MMO, but historically this has always been a single player game, they shoe horned in always online features to try and combat piracy and all it's done is hurt the people who actually bought the game. There was no need and no excuse for making it always online.

You can't demand a refund, Origin technical support have been denying all refund requests and simply offering 15% discount codes, one person on GAF threatened a chargeback and Origin support said they would ban his whole account with all his bought games on if he did that.

It's clearly a retarded behavior by the client.

Somewhat similar to be acting astounded at people commenting on it..

If you're going to contribute, contribute something meaningful, otherwise, stay out of it.

OT: I managed to get 3 hours or so of play in. Went well once I got in.

My city pretty much capped at out 50k people though. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I wasn't getting region benefits from the other cities..

Also got booted out due to the server being down at the end, so I'm hoping my city synced properly.

EA I want a f...king refund or you will be getting a trojan in your emails... Seriously I won't ask for a refund.

Seriously?