Joss Whedon Calls Planet Hulk Rumors Nonsense

c?2413258=Ji3LiIf4OxZvXVnmJdWLdhiAJ4I

About a month ago, the rumors began to circulate that the ending of The Avengers sequel would see the Hulk being abandoned in space and would be followed by a solo Hulk film inspired by the "Planet Hulk" storyline. Many have already disputed the legitimacy of these rumors, but the ultimate source on its truth has spoken, The Avengers 2 writer and director Joss Whedon.

When asked about the rumors in an interview with IGN, Whedon said, "Well I?m really not supposed to comment, but no, that?s nonsense."

Straight from the horse's mouth, no dice on "Planet Hulk," sorry folks. Whedon would in fact know because he already has an outline written for The Avengers sequel and says the script should be done in a few months.

The Avengers 2 will hit theaters on May 1, 2015, and while the cast is currently unconfirmed, its very likely to again include Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101116

As much as I would have liked to see them do a movie based on the Planet Hulk story-line, I figured it was a little too ambitious. I don't think the public is ready for a Hulk movie like that. I feel like it would suffer the same fate as John Carter (of Mars).

As much as I would have liked to see them do a movie based on the Planet Hulk story-line, I figured it was a little too ambitious. I don't think the public is ready for a Hulk movie like that. I feel like it would suffer the same fate as John Carter (of Mars).

i really enjoyed that movie.

Uh....so the Hulk is an alien or something now? :s

I'm not sure if you know or not Lol.

Anyway, Hulk is not an alien, no. However there is a storyline that ran in the comics

which had the Illuminati banish Hulk from Earth into space

John Carter was actually quite good fun, shame it was slated

i really enjoyed that movie.

Me too but it's not for everyone.

John Carter was actually quite good fun, shame it was slated

I agree but it didn't do well in the box office. I believe Disney lost $200M from making it. The average moviegoer just doesn't like a movie set on another planet. Other movies based on Mars haven't done well too: http://www.vulture.com/2012/03/are-mars-movies-doomed.html

I always take everything Directors and Producers say with a grain of salt. Just look at Transformers 4 and Star Wars EP7.